• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

StarCraft 2

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
The StarCraft series is continuing its legacy, with the new StarCraft 2. As I was venturing, I came across this:

Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will do battle across the galaxy, as each faction struggles for survival.
Featuring a unique single-player campaign that picks up where StarCraft: Brood War left off, StarCraft II will present a cast of new heroes and familiar faces in an edgy sci-fi story filled with adventure and intrigue. In addition, Blizzard will again offer unparalleled online play through Battle.net, the company's world-renowned gaming service, with several enhancements and new features to make StarCraft II the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.
Features:
  • Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
  • Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
  • New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
  • Groundbreaking single-player "story-mode" campaign
  • Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
  • Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
  • Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
Here's the link to some movies you can watch about the game:

http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml

You will love the movies and you can search around the place with this link:

http://www.starcraft2.com

Enjoy.

Yes, it is compatiable with Vista... Actually, it's not recommended but, with Vista, the graphics will be better...

Who cares about graphics?! It's freakin Starcraft, which was an awesome game when it came out about 10 years ago. I can't wait. I mean my name is Zerg after all!

I know the game will be a great game to play... I'm just waiting for the release date soo i can plan ahead...

I think I read that it's going to be realeased as a 10 year anniversary thing. So I'm guessing early '08 judging by how little of the units have been described as on the website

Terran do not own, it's definately "the horde".

Have you seen what happened with Warcraft? The more units they add and sequels they make, the more complicated and harder to play the game gets.

If any of you have played Warcraft 3, you definately know what I'm talking about. There's a unit to counter every other unit of every other race, and you have to keep up with the creation of others to know what to make, and units that counter your units will wipe every single one out, no matter how unfair the fight is in your favor.

Warcraft 3 sucked, Warcraft 2 was amazing. An excellent game, not complicated, fun to play, involved strategy.

I hope this isn't what happens with Starcraft, it was already starting to get complicated in Brood War.

I will agree that the regular maps on WC3 sucked, but the custom games on that are very very inovative. DoTA (Defense of the Ancients) is quite possibly the most popular WC3 map out there, and it gets hosted at tournaments. And it's not really that complex to figure out how to counter a unit. You just need to know your races strengths and weaknesses, which you learn in a couple of games

I will agree that the regular maps on WC3 sucked, but the custom games on that are very very inovative. DoTA (Defense of the Ancients) is quite possibly the most popular WC3 map out there, and it gets hosted at tournaments. And it's not really that complex to figure out how to counter a unit. You just need to know your races strengths and weaknesses, which you learn in a couple of games
The custom maps were awesome. The normal game sucked because of the over complication of the units. There were like 7 unit production buildings for each race, wtf?

Thing though, is that SC2 could be making it complicated to build units, with the new addons for the Terrans. I mean take for example the Nuclear Reactor. Now that can be added onto the Bunker to create upgraded units. However, the Nuclear Reactor can also be added onto the Factory to create upgraded vehicles.

Though what I love is how the Terran Supply Depots can lower into the ground!

Back