• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Do you believe in God?

Re: Do u beleive in God?

1.)
Quote:
Before this, there was supposedly nothing.
So, that would mean that there was no God either.

No, from a scientist, big bang theorist, atheists thought on the creation of the universe, there was nothing and then an explosion. Christians believe that God has always existed and therefore was in the 'nothing'. He spoke the universe into existance.

short version: what yoyall said

So I would just like to say I do not believe in God because of my upbringing. I was not raised on the Bible, and thought everything I learned in school was correct. So there came a point when I realized that faith and logic contradicted each other, and so I decided to go with logic. I felt that only one can really be true, and realized if God were real, he wouldn't let the Holocaust and Darfur happen. Not to mention there hasn't been any Biblical happenings since Jesus, and that was 2000 years ago.
Wrong. The Holocaust was the fufillment of a prophesy made way back in the Old Testament. At one point God gave the people of Israel a choice; obey him or don't. God prophesied to them, really promised to them, that each choice had its consequences; good if they followed, bad if they did not. They chose not to follow God but rather the gods of the world around them and because of that their nation was cursed in a way. They were to be persecuted (something that is still happening today), driven out of the land of Israel (AD 70 by the Romans, many years after Christ), and dispersed among the nations.
But that wasn't going to last forever. Later it was prophesied that the people would return to the land of Israel in the last days. There are those who are still alive today who witnessed that prophesy fufilled.
Care to rethink "Not to mention there hasn't been any Biblical happenings since Jesus, and that was 2000 years ago"?

If you hadn't already guessed, I believe in God.

Well, that's all well and good, but that is one of those things where you have to look at it, then read the Bible, then find the correlation. It's kinda like the people who say Nostradomus(sp.) foretold 9-11. You truelly have to read into everything to seeany correlation. And when I said "Biblical Happenings", I did not mean the fulfilment of prophecies.

Wrong. The Holocaust was the fufillment of a prophesy made way back in the Old Testament. At one point God gave the people of Israel a choice; obey him or don't. God prophesied to them, really promised to them, that each choice had its consequences; good if they followed, bad if they did not. They chose not to follow God but rather the gods of the world around them and because of that their nation was cursed in a way. They were to be persecuted (something that is still happening today), driven out of the land of Israel (AD 70 by the Romans, many years after Christ), and dispersed among the nations.
But that wasn't going to last forever. Later it was prophesied that the people would return to the land of Israel in the last days. There are those who are still alive today who witnessed that prophesy fufilled.
Care to rethink "Not to mention there hasn't been any Biblical happenings since Jesus, and that was 2000 years ago"?

If you hadn't already guessed, I believe in God.

.......wow. That's a pretty sick thing to say.

Not to take this personally, but I have a bunch of relatives who died in the holocaust. So I kinda do take that personally. Especially considering that Jews DO believe in God. Not to mention that the Nazis didn't just persecute Jewish folk, but also blacks, intellectuals, Polish people in general, their political enemies, etc.

So, umm, your logic is not only sick, but also skewed.

I'm going to let out one final warning before I close this thread. As I stated earlier, if the subject begins to become a large scale fight, I will close this thread and issue infractions.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and the freedom to speak their opinion. However, since my last warning there have been multiple arguments including constant mentions of events, such as the Holocaust, as biblical events. I would think you all could see the slow slip into the void, especially with the complete insult of an entire sect of people. I am aware of many members of this community whom are Jewish or have Jewish heritage whom I am certain are insulted by the recent statements.

Again, this is the final warning. If the insults continue, severe consequences will follow.

Then where did God come from???
If we knew where God (scientifically) came from not as many would doubt His existence.

No offence, but that's extremely stupid to ask (very, very, very, extremely stupid).

If we knew where God (scientifically) came from not as many would doubt His existence.

No offence, but that's extremely stupid to ask (very, very, very, extremely stupid).

Hm, either extremely stupid or the extremely fundamental.

I mean, this is the great question, isn't it? The existance of God from nothing is a great religious paradox. Creation can't be explained, because everything either comes from nothing or everything already was, and is only changing form.

Neither science or religion can answer this.

So it's a brilliant question.

Not stupid.

:)

I mean, this is the great question, isn't it? The existance of God from nothing is a great religious paradox. Creation can't be explained, because everything either comes from nothing or everything already was, and is only changing form.

Not stupid.

If it's the "great question" that can't be proved or even theorized (is that a real word?) by thr bible or modern science, isn't it stupid to ask?

1178147761364.jpg

Not stupid.

Exactly

If it's the "great question" that can't be proved or even theorized (is that a real word?) by thr bible or modern science, isn't it stupid to ask?

you say "modern day" science. Scientists can trace the creation of the universe back to about 1min. (it might be 1sec. but i can't remember :confused: ). But the point it, new technology is being devoloped all the time, and eventually, someone may discover something that would help us to discover what was before the Big Bang.

So, no, it is NOT a stupid question, just as Demoncrat7 siad :D

No, from a scientist, big bang theorist, atheists thought on the creation of the universe, there was nothing and then an explosion. Christians believe that God has always existed and therefore was in the 'nothing'. He spoke the universe into existance.

short version: what yoyall said

hey now!

i am an atheist, but i don't necessarily believe in the big bang theory. dont generalize please.

i am an atheist because i believe in science and logic, not myths and old stories. i also was brought up in an unreligious house, altho i like to believe that i would've chosen to be an atheist anyway.

i'm fine with people believing in God, that's cool with me. BUT only if those people do not interfere with my rights as a citizen of the united states. ie-freedom of religion, the right to an abortion, seperation of church and state, etc.

there are always differences of opinion, i just wish people could compromise.

hey now!

i am an atheist, but i don't necessarily believe in the big bang theory. dont generalize please.

i am an atheist because i believe in science and logic, not myths and old stories. i also was brought up in an unreligious house, altho i like to believe that i would've chosen to be an atheist anyway.

i'm fine with people believing in God, that's cool with me. BUT only if those people do not interfere with my rights as a citizen of the united states. ie-freedom of religion, the right to an abortion, seperation of church and state, etc.

I think almost the exact same way except one thing: I was brought up in an unreligious house, though it was only unreligious to the point where we beleive in God but the only thing we do to worship Him is being an overall good person.

I do not believe in God per say as God, I see that there is some force out there that can be called God, but that's really it. I do not believe a majority of the stories in the Bible, I see them more as guides for living your life in a positive fashion.

Wow, looking at the conversation I hope that brought this back on track :).

I believe in god, if I didn't, my dad would be like, gasping alot, lol, Im catholic so I kind of have to belive in god.

I believe in God... NJ has rights to defend due to the openess of Freedom of Religion.. Of course, people may dislike atheists but Im fine with them.. Im aslo Catholic but you dont have to believe in God.. I believe in God but I hate going to church.. Parentd make me go and since Im always mopey for having to go, my mom once asked me if I actually believed in God..

Zoberflote, did you run that paradox about God and the Rock? Im too lazy to see if you did?\

You didnt I see so Ill say it in your steed...

Some dead guys paradox "Can God created a rock too large for himself to lift?

hey now!

aha im sorry :)
i'm not all 'bah i hate atheists/other religions', on the contrary, my best friend is one :)
i dont agree with the decision, but i respect that you have a right to believe what you want to believe =]

the only thing i dont understand is abortion, i can't justify that from any other religious and non religious point of view...

Back