• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Zelda Sages RPG *A REAL RPG game too!*

webmasterbob

The Webmaster
Note: These photos were taken with the developers console, meaning I warped to certain locations rather than playing through the game. You should most certainly not, for example, be at such a low level fighting that boss in the last picture.

Yup, a week or so ago I started thinking, "What would be a great thing to do for the community that will provide fun, entertainment, and frustration all at once?" It then became very clear to me, so I set off to create a Zelda fan site community first by begging work on...

The Legend of Zelda Sages!

mainlr9.jpg

(The title screen for the beta)

The Legend of Zelda Sages is an RPG created with the popular program RPG Maker. Over the past few weeks, the staff and SIT's/Sages have been beta testing the game as I've finished large chunks. It was actually very entertaining for me to see that I created a very tricky puzzle early on in the game that caused me to receive loads of PMs asking for help on something I thought rather simple, yay! :) All whom are beta testing the game are sworn to secrecy on the story, design, etc. However, throughout this post I will be sharing some great news for all of you, and a few screenshots.
cutsceneuf5.jpg

(There will be cutscenes, in all their 32 bit or so glory!)

Firstly, this is a game based somewhat on our community *though the story itself really is not, nor does it have any relation to the Legend of Zelda series.* As such, I would like to add NPCs throughout the game based on members of our fine community. Anyone whom would like to be added please either post so in this thread or send me a message. If I do not receive anything, you'll still probably show up, although your NPC will be based entirely around what you post, and your NPC will not be made very obvious. In either case though, like much of the dialog between villains, your little bit of text should prove to be either funny...or very interesting :).
home1kg7.jpg

(This could be your home)

Along with this neat little feature, I've designed this RPG around simplicity. How you ask? You know how leveling in most RPGs takes forever, well, I've created a leveling system that will allow you to level up much faster giving the game a quicker pace. Of course, puzzles and the sort will be scattered about the game , along with some fierce boss battles, although it should certainly be a far more enjoyable than tedious experience.
bosszt8.jpg

(Sub-boss and boss battles are around every turn, this being the first major boss...oops...said too much)

Now, feel free to discuss. The game should be ready for the public, assuming the beta members can find all the little bugs I've left in there, for you all to enjoy. You may also post any suggestions, questions, anything of the sort. I will deem if your question is answerable, although most questions can probably be answered. Besides, the beta staff can tell you all how awesome the game is if they would like to *hint hint ;)*

It's very fun. :) Bob's annoyed with me because I made it to the scary guy *seen above* at lvl 9...xD But this guy's a'making me level...

When Bob finishes it, you'll all enjoy it, I can tell you that! :)

I would like to be in the game...hopefully as someone who is at least remotely important to the story, and is needed in order to complete certain things, or helps the hero out in various ways...at the VERY least, make me more useful than a certain person in the desert...xD

EDIT IN RESPONSE TO BOB'S POST: Yeah, yeah I get it :p HMMM...I want to be a...guy in cool-looking (gold or sreen is preferable...or a combination)armour (put me somewhere later in the game, in an Inn or any other big building with a bed), who narrowly escaped a ban from *spoiler* for being a potential threat to them. I give the main character a few words, and possably supplies/weapons/money/etc...

Is that better? :)

Demands like that will make you a ****** in the ******* after ********. You'll certainly help the character though :).

Really, big shot characters are really reserved for the staff members, as to not play favorites among members.

I think it's a wonderful idea you came up with Webmasterbob. =] That seems to be a fun game to play... now I wanna play it. Ah, well... gimme gimme never gets huh? Hehehe.

However, are you going to put this on ZS when it's completely finished for the members to be playing it?

I think it's a wonderful idea you came up with Webmasterbob. =] That seems to be a fun game to play... now I wanna play it. Ah, well... gimme gimme never gets huh? Hehehe.

However, are you going to put this on ZS when it's completely finished for the members to be playing it?
Now, feel free to discuss. The game should be ready for the public, assuming the beta members can find all the little bugs I've left in there, for you all to enjoy. You may also post any suggestions, questions, anything of the sort. I will deem if your question is answerable, although most questions can probably be answered. Besides, the beta staff can tell you all how awesome the game is if they would like to *hint hint ;)*
In other words, yes. :)

Oh, yeah, I would like to be in it. Just please don't make me look stupid, okay?
That reminds me of my old post, and he's gonna not make you look stupid, he's just going to make you too obscure to see. :p

Can you make a very secret and very easy mini quest where you have to kill dozens of easily-killed yoyollls? And then you find the actual yoyolll in the end and I give you like an experience tome or something (also, the fake yoyollls should be smaller and should make very annoying sounds).

My computer is from 2003 and has a stock graphics controller, the graphics on the screenshots don't look too great but do you think it will need a good graphics card?

'98s can have (are compatible with) better graphics cards than an XP, can't they?

Well, whatever, it's just a video game.

Oh, pick me, pick me! Of course, I'm not sure how you can represent me, considering I'm just about average around here, although I'm sure you'll think of something...or else:cool:

Looks cool, can't wait to play it. Of course, I use a mac, so I need to switch into Boot Camp to play it, but hey, what works.

In other words, yes. :)

Thanks. I guess I didn't read it all the way. ^^; Silly me.

Anyways, I would like to be in it if that's okay and if possible. You don't have to add me if you think it would be too much trouble. I would like to be represented as a magic user or a sword user, either way I'm fine with. =]

I'd like to be in the game.

Id like to be a guy in brown combat clothes (with two knives, of course), big city (Hyrule?), near the shop.

If it is an RPG game, are their guest characters? If so, I'd like to be one.

As explained, only staff are getting the big cut characters for reasons of favoritism. Of course, seeing as you are an SIT you can try out the game :).

When will the game be realesed for the rest of the site users??? or will it ever be?

...you made an entire game in a week or so???

In a few weeks or so from now, depending upon how long it takes me to complete and tweak it. As of now, I"m almost done with the third dungeon *the third dungeon takes some time, beta testers may be able to guess why :D.*

There is a large bit of work involved in making a game, even with the aide of a program. So, as you can imagine, there will be some time before release.

YEA!!! I have the programs game maker and sphere... they are confusing... sphere being the worst, and game maker being the less confusing. I do understand how hard it is to make a game, those programs need you to write the script out for the games to work well...

guess im getting off topic, sorry

Back