• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Facebook vs. Myspace vs. Not being stalked by creepy old guys on the internet

Which do you prefer?

• Facebook

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Myspace

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Not being stalked by old guys on the internet

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Stalker prevention is my number one priority. I only have a Myspace, and I do not desire to make a Facebook account any time soon, *I have my own website, why would I need another social networking account?* In either case, it would be unfair of me to make a judgment being I have but one account in the social networking realm, of which I check rarely anyway :). So, I'll leave the large scale debate to the rest of you.

I started with Myspace and still have it, but it have very poor security (thus the reason that anybody can over-ride the HTML of their own profile) and all the stalking and whatnot seems to be on there.

On the other hand you have Facebook, which I feel is far superior because it is a lot more secure. If you want anything, you have to choose from a list of pre-approved applications. Also the fact that it is a lot more annoying and tedious to get friends on it is better to prevent people from stalking you.

I realize that some people use myspace, and most of facebook, for talking to friends who are far away, but I still think of it as a website based on spam and making fake friends.

Your entitled to your opinion, i'm entitled to mine.

I have never cared much for MySpace, and only started ever hearing of Facebook this year. So I really must say:

NOT BEING STALKED BY CREEPY OLD GUYS FTW!!!

I realize that some people use myspace, and most of facebook, for talking to friends who are far away, but I still think of it as a website based on spam and making fake friends.

Your entitled to your opinion, i'm entitled to mine.

You can't get fake friends on facebook. You can decide whether to approve their friend request or not. And it asks you how you know them. And there's a selection called "I don't know this person" and if you pick that, it says "Then why are you friends with them?" So you can't really get a fake friend

This is a very interesting topic. We are the first generation of teens (assuming everyone here is between ages 13-19) to have an online social network. In some aspects, we are guinea pigs. There were and still are many flaws on Myspace and Facebook that have and still need to be fixed. I personally do not have a Myspace because of their lack of security. I have a Facebook but I don't usually mess with adding friends, because most of the people on Facebook aren't really my friends. Sure you know them, and you might hang with them occasionally, but their not always your true friends. I see some people with like 200 friends and I wonder how they can really know and care about that many people. I believe that their not really friends with most of them, and they just friended them online to make themselves look popular.

I have neither Facebook nor Myspace. :)

I've kept myself away from these huge social networking sites, they consume your soul!:eek:

consuming your souls? huh remindes me of the myths of WOW doing that i kept away from that but i dont think face book and myspace do that. Myspace is more high scale/ make money bussiness than facebook who is somewhat better but not a noticed. What about bebo?huh?

I actually have a facebook but I chose "Not being stalked by creepy old guys on the internet" or at all really because like it says... it's just plain CREEPY. So yeah, that is my arguement.

Ok, so I'm moving and should probably get one of the two just to make keeping in cntact with people easier. Which one would all of you sugest?

It really depends on what more of your friends have. If more have Myspace, go with that, or vice versa. If they all have both, go for Facebook. It's a lot more secure than Myspace.

Facebook is better but in the end they both suck. It's useless if you ask me. Get your friends' phone numbers.

Facebook is better because you can randomly make stuff.. Like

"101 Things I've Learned from Derek Yocum"... Just a random one I heard of :D

But I agree with yoyolll on all counts.. for once :D

I really don't care about any of that stuff. Like yoyolll said, use phones or something. there are different ways of communication.

one thing they enticed me to get a myspace over a facebook is that myspace doesn't sell your information to companies without your express permission
if you read carefully in the terms of agreement for facebook, everything you post or place or anything in facebook, belongs to them and they can do what they want with it, including birthday, city, pictures, anything!!!!
where as myspace states that they will ask for your permission before they are allowed to do anything

which really sounds more secure to you??

one thing they enticed me to get a myspace over a facebook is that myspace doesn't sell your information to companies without your express permission
if you read carefully in the terms of agreement for facebook, everything you post or place or anything in facebook, belongs to them and they can do what they want with it, including birthday, city, pictures, anything!!!!
where as myspace states that they will ask for your permission before they are allowed to do anything

which really sounds more secure to you??
Don't trust MySpace either. Really, they can all do anything with your information, I just doubt anyone will pay for it when there are millions of morons who give it out by themselves.

Back