• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

WTF moments

Windmage

Co-Webmaster, Co-Conspirator
Okay...I decided to do a 100% complete playthrough of OoT without dying and such, not completely difficult but something happened and it was a WTF moment.

I was in the Spirit Temple, getting ready to face the Iron Knuckle gaurding the mirror sheild. I had 3 hearts going into the battle, and I really wasn't worried because of the fairy I had captured earlier. So I go into battle and of course, got a bit careless and took a hit. Since the damage done for a hit by an iron knuckle is 4 hearts, I died, but my fairy of course saved me. Well, when Link got up, he was standing with the axe in mid swing, right through him. That took all of my hearts except one. Then, I took another hit because the stupid thing swung again. I've never been more pissed off in my life...

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

I'm not surprised you would take damage again from the same swing after a revive as this is similar to the infamous Megaman Thunder Beam glitch. To summarize, Thunder Beam is a weapon that passes through all enemies in a row and damages each once. Pausing and unpausing the game while the beam is still passing through an enemy results in multiple hits. OoT uses a comparable hit detection and pause system, so it stands to reason this could happen with large attacks like an Iron Knuckle's swing.

Here's a wtf moment, for some reason whenever I play Halo in co-op or multiplayer and a warthog flips over, I subconciously insist on standing at the same place next to the warthog and get killed when my friend flips it over.

I think I may have avoided this like twice, just because I was fighting someone else (I've also been killed by a flipping warthog while fighting someone else, I'm sure it looked hilarious from the enemy's point of view).

There've been several times playing Melee against one of my friends where I'm Link and he's Marth and he runs past me right before I hit the grab button and even though he was behind me at the time I hit the button, I still grabbed him. Of course I didn't argue the point cause it worked in my favor, but it's still weird. Not as odd as the fact that a metal shield can stop a fully charged plasma blast, but that's not really a glitch. Then there was the time when I know for sure I was in range of the platform and I know it hit, but for some reason when the hookshot hit the platform, it came right back, leaving me to fall to my doom. That elicited a nice string of cursing.

Yeah, among the highest WTF games are Melee and the other Super Smash Bros.

Also, Medal Of Honor Frontline, most Zelda games, and Warcraft III.

Also, Medal Of Honor Frontline
OH MY GOD YES.

In 5 - 1 *I think* Where you have to sneak around and eventually board the train out because the RAF is doing a bombing run on the city in the morning, I grab the guy's uniform and I.D. while he's in the shower and leave. Then, in the middle of the plaza, with tons of guards, he ALWAYS runs out in his underwear, yelling: "HE STOLE MY PANTS!", so my cover gets blown, and I waste a ton of ammo, and am left to fight throughout the rest of the level. My stepsister tries the level after me, and gets through it perfectly, even though she did EXACTLY what I did...>_>

Of all I've played, Halo 2 and SSBM are the most WTF....

why don't you just move when theres a flipped over warthog?

A lot of my Melee WTF moments involve weird physics and sometimes glitchy moments, ie. any time I try to save myself with hookshot and miss even though it's within range. And come on, there's no way that a sword, no matter how mystically imbued it is, can stop a missile.

A lot of my Melee WTF moments involve weird physics and sometimes glitchy moments, ie. any time I try to save myself with hookshot and miss even though it's within range. And come on, there's no way that a sword, no matter how mystically imbued it is, can stop a missile.
I dunno, this is the same sword that goes through walls. Besides, Ganondorf can stop them with his fist. Now that's broken.

A big WTF moment for me was playing Halo 2 with my friend, and we were practicing sword canceling (Lock on to the enemy, lunge, and hit X) and somehow I managed to commit suicide.....Seppuku anyone?

i don't think this counts as a spoiler, but if you want to be suprised in the final battle with Majora on Majora's Mask, don't read it :]

Okies, I had been in the battle with Majora's Wrath for a few minutes, had gotten a bunch of hits in and he was throwing out a bunch of spike traps into the arena when I got too close to it and it grabbed me. I don't remember ever having that done to me before but this was interesting... Near where Majora's Mask was resting in the arena, there are small ledges out of the wall where standing is possible, but you can't get up there because its too high and what not. Anyway, the Wrath form threw me up there and it was kinda funny. It couldn't hit me, but it kept trying. It also kept throwing the spike traps into the arena; by time I killed it, there were a bunch. I got a good view of the entire arena and a weird view of Majora, but other than that it wasn't anythign important. I hit it with an arrow and killed it with a jump attack from up on the ledge :]

I hate when games like PC games freeze and when they unfreeze you die, lose, ect. It makes me want to punch a baby.:D

Back