• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Further proof of Nintendo's awesomeness

So, March 9th. Like many of you, I went to my local game store to pick up my copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl(which I only paid a $5 reservation fee for, thank heaven for gift cards). So, I drove home, pretty much speeding the whole way. I get home, eject my Twilight Princess game disk after getting back to the Wii menu, and then I inserted the Brawl disk. Then I waited. And waited. And then it occured to me that the disk wasn't spinning. So I checked the Wii Disk Channel and was infuriated to see a "Disk Read Error". So, I ejected the disk, and put in Twilight Princess again. Of course, the Disk Channel came up with the music for TP, so that obviously worked. So next I shut off the Wii and unplugged it. Then I tried it all over again and it still wouldn't read. So, thinking that it was the disk, I drove BACK to the store and exhanged it, then drove BACK home again, only to discover the same thing. At this point, I realized that my better choice was to call Nintendo's customer support.

Turns out that my problem was common enough that the guy I talked to knew right away what the deal was. So the guy took down my information, then sent me an email containing a shipping label to ship out the Wii console and Brawl 2nd Day Air by FedEx to Nintendo HQ free of charge. See, the problem is that the Brawl disk is a dual layer disk, obviously to keep the game from having to be on multiple disks. If either the disk or the laser lens inside the Wii are smudged or very dirty, the Wii can't read it. So, Nintendo repaired the problem, free of charge yet again, and then shipped the console and game back to me, again free of charge. And to top that off, they put a brand spankin new 1 year warranty on the thing. I sent it out on a Thursday, got it back the following Tuesday. So, hooked it back up, turned it on, then put in the Brawl disk, basically holding my breath, crossing my fingers, and knocking on wood. Then the Brawl screen came up and I started playing and it worked perfectly! Nintendo deserves huge props for being well prepared and for getting everyone who had problems like mine back in the Brawl as soon as possible!

BTW, if you guys happen to see this in Nintendo Power sometime soon, don't be too surprised. lol

Great to hear :).

Nintendo has always been very good with their customer relations. When I first bought my DS Lite, for some reason it didn't want to play GBA games. Sent it in Monday and got everything back Friday (and with four extra styluses included :D). They are also the only company I know where the US customer support personnel are actually American, or at least sound pretty American. One of the biggest problems in this country, our tech support calls involve

"Ok, du u want tu...did you try to press ctrl alt delete before you started de program."

"Yes...we've been over this."

"OK sir...did you try alt ctrl delete?"

"GAH!!!!!"

...:)

Great to hear :).

Nintendo has always been very good with their customer relations. When I first bought my DS Lite, for some reason it didn't want to play GBA games. Sent it in Monday and got everything back Friday (and with four extra styluses included :D). They are also the only company I know where the US customer support personnel are actually American, or at least sound pretty American. One of the biggest problems in this country, our tech support calls involve

"Ok, du u want tu...did you try to press ctrl alt delete before you started de program."

"Yes...we've been over this."

"OK sir...did you try alt ctrl delete?"

"GAH!!!!!"

...:)
"Is your computer plugged in?"
"Look, I've got all the basic stuff done, why don't you understand this?!"
"I understand perfeckly, is your computer plugged in, sir?"

And sometimes they trick you:
"Can you see de Hold icon?"
"Uhh...sure, yeah."
"Okey, you shudn't, let's start egain."

Shouldn't nintendo try harder to prevent these problems?

Shouldn't nintendo try harder to prevent these problems?

Ummm, what are they supposed to do, put the game on two disks just to avoid making a dual layer disk?? Besides which, this explains the delay in the American release. They gave Japanese players a couple of months to find all the little bugs and crap that was wrong so when it was released here, they already knew what had to be done to fix it. Name one other company, gaming or no, that actually TESTS their product extensively before and after release.

BTW, if you guys happen to see this in Nintendo Power sometime soon, don't be too surprised. lol
I knew I saw that picture in Nintendo Power before! Your fan mail got into Pulse!
l_437966acdb702b8337204bc1ef94c33f.jpg

FYI: This picture was in NP and was posted by Shadowknight.

Oh, and for the sake of relevance:
Yeah, Nintendo is awesome! I know a few people who got the Red Ring of Death on their 360's, and they still haven't gotten them back ... 4 months later.

Yeah I saw that too lol. It was in the Mario Kart issue...

But you said it would be about the whole "Reason for Nintendo's Awesomeness". This was just about your swords.

I just picked up that issue today, I actually sent that in last year, around the time of Brawl's first delay. Originally, in addition to the swords, I also criticized all the people who wrote into Nintendo Power to complain that Nintendo Power still had the wrong release date. Basically I was saying that there was no need to complain to Nintendo Power because they have to meet certain printing dates, and the deadline for that issue came before the delay.

Anyway, I'll probably be sending the new one in in the next week or two.

Back