• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

News on The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

Link and Navi

Loftwing
Ok, I havent been able to see it yet, my computer sucks, but this is the preview for ST, and I will try to keep you posted when new stuff comes up! :þ oh, and Zelda, The new Sidekick?!?... Wow!

I just watched the new trailer (haven't really kept up with the game), and I have to say it looks like it'll be a new story at least. I'm still apprehensive of whether it'll be good or not, and I'm personally going to wait until I read several reviews before buying it. The train stuff looks like a bit of a stretch, be honest.

But there are some cool things about this game. They finally have the one item I've been wanting to see in a Zelda game for years: a whip!

True :)
We, along with a few other Zelda sites, haven't even really put up a section for ST yet because we're really not all that sure how the game will turn out given the hardcore Zelda fan's perception of Phanton Hourglass. I twill be interesting to see how everything rolls out though.

Re: News on The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks *Spoilers!*

UPDATE!!! STORY LINE!

From ZeldaUniverse.net
“First, a little backstory: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is the direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. If you played that game, at the end of the adventure you set sail for New Hyrule. Well, in that journey apparently the pirates did land at Hyrule – they just hit undiscovered land, set up the stakes and called the area Hyrule. Pretty convenient.
Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after the events of Phantom Hourglass. Apparently in the land that’s now called Hyrule, the inhabitants had to deal with a vicious Demon King. In the timespan between the two games there was an epic battle and the spirits of the land helped take down this evil being. Though they couldn’t kill the beast, they could muster just enough strength and energy to subdue him with chains and shackles and bury him underground. The shackles, extending the land of Hyrule in four different directions, became the Spirit Tracks, and the surrounding community used these tracks as transportation railways.
The game opens up with you, as Link – an apprentice railroad engineer – off to Princess Zelda’s castle for a graduation ceremony where the honor of Royal Engineer will be bestowed onto you by the princess herself. As she rewards you for your service, she slips you a note, warning of the suspicious Chancellor Cole, and to take a hidden path and meet her in secret. She requests your help in investigating the mystery of the vanishing Spirit Tracks – she’s restricted to her quarters, but needs your help sneaking out of the castle to figure out why the Spirit Tracks are mysteriously disappearing all over the land.
Zelda then presents you with a change of clothing – the familiar green garb – which will help you blend in and trick the guards. The first mission is to stealthily get Zelda through the hallways without being spotted by the castle’s security. You’re in direct control of Link through the same touch screen control as Phantom Hourglass, but to control Zelda you tap a swirl icon connected to her and draw a path for her to follow. It’s a careful process, running up to guards as Link to get them to look away, and have Zelda walk past when their backs are turned.
After your success, you finally make it out of the castle and bump into Alfonzo, your Master Engineer who’s trained you into becoming the Royal Engineer. Apparently Alfonzo has some history with Hyrule as a soldier, but he’s left that life behind…for some reason. He does help Zelda and Link escape on a train towards the Spirit Tower, but as they’re off to investigate, the tracks start vanishing right out underneath the vehicle. After a spectacular crash, Chancellor Cole reveals himself to be not-so-nice and sends his second in command to take care of the group. He takes down Alfonzo. He takes down Link. And then…he takes down Zelda.
When Zelda’s down, her spirit floats away like a glowing fairy, leaving her unconscious body for the taking – and that’s exactly what Cole does.
When Link awakens, he’s in Hyrule Castle. Zelda’s spirit floats in all ghost like – after a few moments, Zelda learns she’s sort of, you know, dead, and that no one can see her but Link. With her help, Zelda leads you to your sword and a bit of training for those not up on the touch-screen control, and then directs you to head to the Spirit Tower where she might be brought back to life.
Apparently Cole’s using Zelda’s body as a vessel to bring the Demon King back to life. The quest: to restore the Spirit Tracks – without the Tracks, the Demon King can’t be held down. And without him held down, he can be brought back to life. The only way to do this is to ascend the Spirit Tower, which has been broken apart into segments, and secure the Stone Maps. The sage of the tower is using all her strength to hold the tower’s base down, which gives you enough opportunity to ascend the first portion of the tower.
In this first area, you learn how to get Princess Zelda to possess the Phantom knights. You’ll first need to track down the Tears of Light, which will power up your sword in such a way that will, with a well placed smack to its backside, deactivate the Phantom and let Zelda sneak in and control it from within.
And now you’ll see why this is the first Legend of Zelda game from Nintendo where you can play as Zelda. Sort of. (and yes, I’m aware of the CD-I game). You’ll control Link with the standard touch-screen controls, and then move Phantom Zelda by touch-dragging her a path around the area. You’ll need to work together in order to solve puzzles, unlock chests, and open doors.
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks improves on a few elements from complaints people had in the original Phantom Hourglass. One issue was when the game forced you to replay dungeons just to get to the new, unlocked portions of the temple. But in Spirit Tracks, the Tower has an entrance staircase that allows you to ascend and bypass the previously completed portions, so no constant backtracking.”
Source: IGN

I just pre-ordered the game. After seeing the recent trailers, news articles, and such I'm really excited about what's to come. I just hope I'm not disappointed like I was with PH, they evidently turned up the difficulty a few knobs which is rally nice.

I read that spoiler and thought, "This is so fake! Who would believe this bullshit?!"

And appearantly its true. -.-

al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg
NINTENDO!!

"Link's choo choo adventures?!"

Come to think of it, after Spirit Tracks and WindWaker and Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess was a great game. It was short, small, and easy, but it gave a good sense of atmosphere and didn't look like a ******* saturday morning cartoon.

Back