• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Super Maro Galaxy 2 Review (potential spoilers!!)

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Review (potential spoilers!!)

Hey there, everyone. The Great Sage, ZeldaGuardian here. I'm posting a review for Super Mario Galaxy 2, since I JUST completed it, 100% done.

Many new and old faces make their random appearances. 3-4 new power-ups are added, plus the old ones from the first. I would like to post more, but I try and not spoil the game, since it just came out. Now, I got the game, a few days ago, and I just completed it. Now, let's check out the review...

Gameplay: 10/10
Everything that you remember from the original is still in play. There's some added new bonuses, but I will let you find those, and trust me.... It's helpful. Even the second player is more helpful.

Story: 10/10
Mario's on the quest of saving Peach and the galaxy again. (If you look really good, you will find our galaxy... FYI...) There are 6 worlds to quest to. Some are easy, some are hard. The layout is like Super Mario Brothers 3, with a Super Mario World twist and the first Galaxy game concept. This time, Bowser's huge!! And many of the old bosses are hidden in the game... Oh yeah, just like Mario World, there's a Special World... Can you find it??

Sound: 10/10
Not just because I'm a music major, music compose, music tutor, and a music teacher... I find all the music really good. And if you remember some of the old music from the earlier games, you may just find a couple in there...

Replay Value: 8.5/10
After completing the game 100% fully, there's nothing else to do. You can always go back and beat the levels again, but that's about it.

Graphics: 10/10
Just as good as Mario Galaxy was... A Twilight Princess feel, but in the Mario fashion. Once you play, you will know what I mean...

Overall: 9.8/10
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a phenomenial game. If you like the Mario games, this is a must play.

Now, if you even get stuck on a level that just seems really hard, let me know. I can help you. After all, I did complete it fully... Lol. Have fun, you video gamers. Until next time, this is The Great Sage saying: "Good night and God Bless All."

~The Great Sage, ZeldaGuardian~

Seems to be way too short to be a review, and how does an 8 out of 10 in Replay Value drop the entire overall score to a 9 out of 10, especially since every other part is a 10 / 10. Honestly, every other category should be weighted a lot higher than replay value. Since what good is replay value for a game, if the original game (or at least parts of it) really isn't good?

Well, I made the review after I completed it. Replaying the game isn't exactly as fun as one would think. Trust me, I know. However, I always like to hear someone else's point of view. Now, don't get me wrong... The game is a phenomenial game. There are a few places that are truly hard. I didn't even expect the ending that was hard to complete.

you faggot super mario galaxy 2 does not deserve those scores first of all you gave a mario game 10/10 for gameplay YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ******* DO IN MARIO YOU JUMP ON A ******* GOOMBA and 10/10 for story? its ******* mario what the **** are you talking about you stupid faggot *** piece of **** you **** a princess after you go through 20 billion ******* dungeons and drop that faggot *** turtle in the ******* lava 20 billion ******* times and what balls you have giving a wii game 10/10 graphics what the **** kind of happy faggot LSD world do you live in???

i haven't played it yet.
but my friend got it. so i guess i'll go play it.

Edit:
Ok, so I played a few levels of it now. Its basically SMG 1, with some slight graphical updates and new power-ups. Its still definitely lots of fun. Also, the second player is now much more useful. Instead of just stunning and shooting star bits, P2 can now collect coins, star bits, stun, and kill enemies. And make annoying noises by pressing d-pad buttons.

Haven't played yet, but it does seem good, and I loved the first one. I really only have the money to buy one new game for the summer, though, and I'm torn between this and Monster Hunter Tri.

That being said, I have to agree with the others:

1. Short review. Maybe go more into the gameplay, etc. Don't assume that the people reading it have played the first game to know what you're talking about.
  2. Mario games don't really have a story. It's pretty much the same story, different setting. Unless it's a Mario spin-off, like one of the RPG's, but those are completely different anyway.
  3. And lastly, don't base the replay on a 100% completion of the game. Base it off of a bare-bones run-through of the game, and then consider what you need to do to get 100% completion. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Re: Super Maro Galaxy 2 Review

Okay people. Apparently, some of the people don't like the review length I posted. Well, I'm here to change it. I told myself that I wouldn't let people say bad things about this post to me, but it eventually got to me... Lol figures... Anyways, I'm going to do this differently...

I. Overview 7.8/10 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 is suppose to be a continuation of the first one. This game featured some new and old characters. Instead of playing through the game with Luigi (back in the first one), Luigi joins your team, later in the game, and you have the ability to switch between them freely. Power-Ups play a big part and they are: Spin Drill, Cloud Mario, Rock Mario, Fire Mario, Bee Mario, Rainbow Mario, Boo Mario, and Spring Mario. Yoshi has been added into this game, as well. Yoshi's abilities are: Dash(Red) Yoshi, Blimp(Blue) Yoshi, and Bulb(Yellow) Yoshi. The gameplay is the same from the first Mario Galaxy. The Prank Comets make their return, but not as the same. As you travel from galaxy to galaxy, you realize that there are Comet Coins in each galaxy. Collect them.

II. Storyline 7/10 - Mario and Luigi are invited to enjoy another piece of Princess Peach's cake (like that doesn't sound sexual... Lol anyways...) and are summoned to the castle. As they are arriving, they find out that Bowser is attacking. *Hint - Here's where you are in control.* Mario makes his way to near the entrance of the castle, when Bowser appears and he's HUUUUGE!!! Mario is defeated, but not destroyed.

Awaking on a strange planet with a bunch of Loomas, Mario is able to make clear of the current situation. A big purple Looma, named Lubba, appears and brings Mario up to speed on their situation. After confirming and wanting to find Princess Peach, the planet transforms into a Mario Head Starship. Now with the ability to travel to other worlds, Mario wastes no time to travel and help them find the Power Stars (big surprise).

From traveling from world to world, collecting Power Stars, Mario was finding more and more useful items and people that can help them in his adventure. Mario has to go through 7 galaxies in 6 worlds. In each galaxy, Mario has found a Comet Coin. And as he collected the Comet Coins, a Prankster Comet has appeared. Finally at the end of the 6th world, Mario is faced with Bowser's Galaxy Generator. With the courage and help of the Loomas, Mario bravely barged in and found Bowser. Once they were done battling, Mario thought he won the Grand Star. However, Bowser re-appears and gives it one more try to defeat him. Mario triumphs again, leaving Bowser to realize his plan of being the Galactic Ruler.

After Mario saves Peach, they head back to Mario's Starship. It was there that a familiar (to those who played Super Mario Galaxy) starship that left a bluish glow. After it stopped, the Galactic Princess Rosalina appeared and thanked them for helping her (again, if you think about it...) regain the Power Stars. After that, the credits play and the game ends.

III. Graphics 8/10 - The Graphics were just like Super Mario Galaxy. Nothing hasn't really changed, at all. Soo, there isn't anything to really explain. However, if those who haven't played the first one, I will explain. Mario was very detailed, straight down to his clothes and hair. Bowser was really featured, straight down to the scales on his body. No detail was left out in any scenery, items, cut-scenes, battles, enemies, everything was as it was in the first game.

IV. Music 8.5/10 - The music was simple, but played in the Symphony prospective. It was written by Koji Kondo and performed by the Mario Galaxy Orchestra. There's a couple of retro songs from Super Mario World and Super Mario 64.

V. Personal Opinion - When I first completed this game, I thought that just collecting the 120 Power Stars was the end. Instead of the 6 worlds that were mentioned, there's a Special World. Soo, I made my way through that and there's a galaxy that brings back all the bosses in first Super Mario Galaxy. I was surprised, but not disappointed. After completing all 48 galaxies and collecting the 120 Power Stars, I defeated Bowser again. After the ending and credits, it showed Rosalina telling the Loomas about that story. Then, she states about the story of the Green Stars.

Now, I had to play through all the worlds again and collect these Green Stars. The difference with these Stars is that YOU have to find them. They aren't a star that you have to beat someone for. You have listen out for their sound and find them. They are securely hidden within every world and every galaxy. As you play through the first half of the game, there's 18 stars in the 6 Worlds and 12 in the Special World. Now, you have to find 18 Green Stars (secretly hidden) in the 6 Worlds and 12 in the Special World. After you collect all 240 Stars, a new and final galaxy appears. This galaxy is called the Grandmaster Galaxy and there's only 2 Stars. However, the first star is called The Ultimate Test and you have to survive 6 stages of very difficult obstacles. Still remembering to find the Comet Coins, I found the last one (making the count 49 Comet Coins) and I beat the place. Now, a Prankster Comet appears and this star is called The Perfect Run. Why is it called that?? Because you have to beat the place that probably costed you soo many lives, with only one health. Yes, I know it seems impossible. It took me over 50 lives to complete. And the other thing I hated was that you don't get anything special for completing it. The only thing you get it is that your title on your file selection screen says, "Master of Galaxies."

Can anyone beat my time?? I know it's probably easy to beat, but here's my time for fully completing the game: 32:59:28. That's 32 hours, 59 minutes, and 28 seconds. I know someone probably has a better score, but that's mine.

Back