• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Windmage

Co-Webmaster, Co-Conspirator
Well, I must say that Nintendo gave us much more info on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword than I (or anyone, probably) expected. I mean seriously, did anyone else expect them to even give us a name for the upcoming title?

For those who missed the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alsWeDp_z0k
(I really hope this is the right one)

So, discussion time! What are your thoughts and feelings on the announcement? What are your theories for the game? And yes, feel free to discuss the graphics.

I put a direct link to the trailer up on the main page too. =P

I really love the graphics, as I say in the article, it's like Twilight Princess meets WindWaker, and I can't wait personally to look at them on my own TV. As for the game itself, I don't want to say too much now, but I really am excited, especially after seeing stuff like the chain weapon (Like a cooler grappling hook) and that bug thing that you control and that can carry bombs.

Honestly, they didn't explain that much. The basics, then some what's-to-be-expected, then some clues.... However, I'm not disappointed. I am most happy that another Legend of Zelda game is finally being released soo, I can beat it within about a day in a half, take about a day to find everything else, and then start another file and take about 3-4 days to write my guide for it. Lol.

I am really looking forward to another challenge in the Legend of Zelda series.

I really cannot wait. I actually pre-ordered it maybe a month ago, cause I sold some old games and didn't know what to do with the money.

As for the graphics, I think they look perfect for a Zelda game. They almost seem like what Ultimalink007 said, WW meets TP. They also seem like straight-up updated OoT graphics. More polished, higher polygon count, but brighter and not really textured.

As for the mechanics, hopefully they'll work out the bugs. The demo seemed a bit glitchy to me, and the motion detection seemed a bit off, but they have at least a year, give or take a few months, if they stay on schedule. I am excited to see the whip return, as well as sword beams (and in a 3D Zelda, non-the-less). The beetle looks interesting, and I can't wait to see what they do with the boomerang this time around.

All in all, I think this is going to be a truly amazing game, although I did say that with TP and was a bit dissapointed. Hopefully not this time, though.

i was so excited about it i used some graduation money and pre-ordered it. I'm only peeved about the vague release date.

Otherwise im happy to obtain another LoZ game. The graphics look cool, and since i haven't played TP on Wii yet, it should be a new experience.

you can choose which hand the sword is in right?

Man, I am SO ready for another zelda game. I've seen some of the graphics, and I'm pretty stoked. The whole wiimote for the sword thing should be challenging, but besides that, I hope its REALLY long. ^^

Unfortunately for me, I'll probably be out of the US when Skyward Sword is released. Why is that a bad thing? I may not have a television and I certainly would not have my Wii (unless someone shipped it, and the game, because Wii games are region locked). Hopefully I'm wrong, but if I am wrong that means the game won't be released until late December at the earliest...

OH THE TORMENT!

That bites, Bob. Although I doubt that you'd be able to use your US Wii in another country anyway, even if someone shipped it to you. Different power standards and all.

Still looking forward to it, though.

Can't wait myself. I'll be picking up the Limited Edition of the game, mainly because I don't have a Wii+ and it's cheaper to get the Wii+ in the special package than just buying it separately.

Ugh, I've watched so many spoiler videos at this point I really hope I can enjoy the game! Well, I guess Nintendo puts out press embargos for a reason, so at least I know the entire game hasn't been spoiled for me, haha. I'm reading a lot of the reviews and they are all saying this is the best yet, and with IGN set to release a review of their own on the 11th, well, I can't wait. The excitement is killing me!

Help! :eek:

They do put out a lot of videos but also, there is so much more they haven't spoiled. I can't wait to play it, got my copy already paid for.

Back