• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
So, they're remaking OoT for the 3DS. Just go to http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/ and click on "Nintendo Games" if you don't believe me.

What do you guys think of this? I know I've kinda wanted to see them add in more stuff *cough*Ura Zelda*cough* to OoT, and with a 2GB cartridge, this may very well be possible. I also hope this will lead to a Majora's Mask remake for 3DS, because updating MM and adding in more stuff would be amazing.

Thoughts? Comments? Or is Skyward Sword going to overshadow this?

I honestly have to agree with you, Dakare (as rare as that is...) Though Skyward Sword is the next Zelda game in this Timeline of Zelda, I think that re-creating one of the most ground-breaking Legend of Zelda into the 3DS is a true remarkable reason why Zelda Players (like us) are still existing. To do this, would set the ground for the old N64 games to be re-created. I do hope they do re-create Majora's Mask.

Star Fox 64 for the 3DS... Kingdom Hearts for the 3DS... Nintendo is creating a new ground level that will make Sony and Microsoft step up their game. Though I fear the cost of the 3DS will be more than anyone's guess and the games will be equally the same, I know it's all worth it. As soon as we know the cost, I'm getting one and reserving all the games I can.

To answer your last question, I don't think it will overshadow this, by very much. Though it was a big event to reveal the Skyward Sword at the E3 (which I was at), I think Nintendo is creating something that will make Sony and Microsoft look like nothing. I simply cannot wait until all of this is officially released for us to get. :)

I really don't think Skyward Sword will overshadow OOT 3DS. Judging by release times, it's likely OOT 3DS won't be released too close to Skyward Sword anyway.

As far as OOT 3DS, I REALLY want Nintendo to make a few additions (like what they did with ALTTP when it was re-released for the GBA) such as maybe a new weapon, a new dungeon (like the four sword dungeon), a Cave of Ordeals, some things to make the game a bit different so it's not like we're buying a OOT all over again.

In addition, it will be nice to see updated graphics. For its time, OOT was absolutely amazing with how it handled the art style (one of the reasons it is still considered the Greatest Game of All Time by overall reviewer average), but this is 2010 and the 3DS. It hasn't really been ZS policy to judge re-releases in the past, but I'm honestly debating it starting with OOT 3DS (and I'm really hoping, in that case, we could still give it a great score).

Truely, A new LoZ oot for the 3DS would be like making barney a videogame!
I Like the original game for the super nintendo. Nothing, not even skyward sword or spirit tracks are never gonna bump LoZ oot of the top.

I Like the original game for the super nintendo. Nothing, not even skyward sword or spirit tracks are never gonna bump LoZ oot of the top.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was originally on the Nintendo 64.

And how would remaking OoT be like making a Barney video game?

Yea...Ocarina of Time was for the N64, and the first LOZ game was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, came right before the SNES). You're new though, so it's cool :).
In addition, it will be nice to see updated graphics. For its time, OOT was absolutely amazing with how it handled the art style (one of the reasons it is still considered the Greatest Game of All Time by overall reviewer average), but this is 2010 and the 3DS. It hasn't really been ZS policy to judge re-releases in the past, but I'm honestly debating it starting with OOT 3DS (and I'm really hoping, in that case, we could still give it a great score).
I completely agree. A plain old port would be pretty bad, especially since we can already buy a ported version on the VC for likely much cheaper than the 3DS version will cost. Really want to see updated graphics and a few new game additions, like new quests and the likes of it.

Yea...Ocarina of Time was for the N64, and the first LOZ game was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, came right before the SNES). You're new though, so it's cool :).

I completely agree. A plain old port would be pretty bad, especially since we can already buy a ported version on the VC for likely much cheaper than the 3DS version will cost. Really want to see updated graphics and a few new game additions, like new quests and the likes of it.
I'm sorry for thne rude opinion! Next time, I'll keep it to myself.

I'm sorry for thne rude opinion! Next time, I'll keep it to myself.

No, it's all good. We were just a bit confused on what you meant. Just clarify next time is all :).

What do you all think will be added to this considering what was originally supposed to be in the game, what was supposed to be in the 64DD add-on, what was found hidden in the game script, and what was changed in it for Master Quest?

I'm thinkin' maybe an extended mask quest, a way to beat the runner (and a reward to go with), and possibly more dungeons (even if some are just bonus and completely optional).

I'm thinkin' maybe an extended mask quest, a way to beat the runner (and a reward to go with), and possibly more dungeons (even if some are just bonus and completely optional).
That would be amazing! Especially since Ocarina creates two timelines (one adult Link which leads to TP and another child Link leaving to take part in Majora's Mask thus leading to the flooding of Hyrule in WW) there exists a lot of wiggle room to even expand the story a bit. I would love, for example, a dungeon that explains the aftermath of the adult Link timeline.

Back