• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess HD Release

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
Since today was the release of Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess for the Nintendo Wii U in HD, I thought I would post it here... Has anyone reserved it and/or picked it up today?? I know I got mine already. Once I'm off work, I'm going to spend many hours on this game again. I hear that they changed a few things around in the gameplay. I remember that in Majora's Mask for the 3DS, the Stone Mask wasn't in its original place. This marks a 3rd copy of Twilight Princess. I know I still have my Twilight Princess for both the Nintendo GameCube and the Nintendo Wii.

Everyone, comment down below your intentions on the game. What's your view about Nintendo re-releasing Twilight Princess for the Nintendo Wii U?? Why a third copy of the game?? Are you going to be thoroughly impressed with the gameplay/music/graphics/etc. or will you be disappointed??

Soo, during my endeavors of this game, I have found about 12-15 (can't exactly remember) stamps that are hidden throughout the game. If you got the special pre-order that comes with a Wolf-Link Amiibo, you can access an additional dark cave. But the same styles are still in the game. Been finding the bugs, heart containers, additional gear and items, and more as I go along in my quest. There are 50 total stamps that contain the Hyrulian Ancient Language letters and additional stuff like the treasure chest and a surprised Link. These are meant for posting to the Miiverse. If I find anything else that's new, I will post it here.

I think what's very useful throughout the game is that Ghost Lantern. I've found it that it'll allow me to find where the poes are. It'll light up and stay lit until all the poes are gone from within that region. I'm still finding more stickers throughout the world and finally down to 6 bugs left. Also, I forgot to mention this in the previous post. You can register your Wolf-Link (or any Amiibo really) to your Twilight Princess file. And instead of selecting the file and such, just place the Amiibo on the gamepad and it'll automatically bring up the file associated with it. Thought that was a pretty good feature. I'll be posting again soon.

I just started playing TPHD. Definitely agree on the gosh lantern. I feel like that's the most useful new feature I've found! The poe quest always annoyed me.

I'm a little disappointed with a lot of the models though. The game is most definitely polished, but I wouldn't exactly call it a proper remaster. It just doesn't seem like there was anywhere near as much care put into TPHD versus WW-HD or the OOT remake on the 3DS a few years ago. I also realized why TP, while a great game, is still certainly not the best Zelda game. With that said, it's a great replay, and I'm really happy that my amibo data will be put to good use! :)

Yeah @Linkman ... I agree. That Ghost Lantern is most useful. I had the hardest time finding the last Poe. Having it lit up helps me figure out what region is cleaned and not cleaned.

I managed to find all 60 Poes, and you only get a 200 Rupee (Grey color, reference to OoT). After you leave his house and the Castle Town, you can go back and you will see that he's gone. I haven't had the time to figure out where he went with his girlfriend (saved the game and went straight to bed after finding the last ghost), but once I do, you will know too. I found all the bugs for Princess Agitha and I got the Biggest Wallet (holds 2,000 Rupees). I completed that STAR game and got the Biggest Quiver (holds 100 Arrows). I probably have to finish the Zora Rapids mini-game to get the Biggest Bomb Bag too. I completed the Cave of Ordeals and I recommend you finish completing the Mirror of Twilight before you tackle this. You will need the Spinner, the Ball and Chain, and the double Clawshot in order to continue further down. After you complete each level, you will get a Stamp and the Queen Fairy will release fairies at the Pools in each province (Ordon, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru). After you complete the Cave of Ordeals fully, you will get the Great Fairy's Tears potion (reheals you fully and gives you double attack power until you're hit). I went fishing for the first time. I did some off-the-books fishing and I found the last bottle... I felt a little dumb.

@Linkman, I do agree with you. Twilight Princess isn't much of a HD Re-release. Yes, if you have a HD TV (42" and bigger), you'll notice the graphic difference... But it doesn't change much else. Now, if they did some changes to Link's model, made more detail on Midna, more environment realistic capabilities... I thought it would definitely be a really good re-master, but it was just mainly graphics that slightly improved. However, you do have to remember... When Twilight Princess first came out for the Nintendo GameCube, it was already some of the greatest graphics that Zelda ever had. Me, personally, it's one of my top 3 favorite Zelda games. One of the greatest places that truly brought me back and reminded me why I still play this series was when you accessed the Temple of Time... When you open the portal to go back in time and once you arrive inside the magnificent structure... And the Nintendo 64 Temple of Time music plays... Definitely gives me goosebumps. The only left to complete is the newest Cave of Shadows place and then, it'll be time to tackle Hyrule Castle and Ganondorf. For those who don't know what I'm exactly talking about, the Cave of Shadows is ONLY accessible if you got the Wolf-Link Amiibo. You have to place it on your Wii U Gamepad and it should transport you there. If not, I think it may reveal its location. I haven't personally tried it yet, but I will access it soon. Once I do, I'll complete it and let you all know what happens.

Back