• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Welcome to Zelda Sages 2017 Thread!!

What do you think will happen in 2017??

• Bad Things

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ehh, Whatever...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
Hello everyone. I am The Great Sage, Leader and Founder of The Seven Sages... Webmaster and Creator of Guardian Sages, Where Knowledge is Born. I'm here today to help start off the new year in Zelda Sages with another New Years Thread!! Now, I know I'm a bit late (like 4 days late), but better late than never, am I right?? In this thread, I'm going to do some recap of how my 2016 year went. Are we ready?? Let's start...

From January to March: With the beginning of 2016 just barely happening, I was starting the new year with a few crazy things. I had just completed my very first Let's Play for my YouTube Channel. Aside from maintaining my relationship and transitioning from one job to a better one, there was something that me and my family never thought could happen... I'm not exactly wanting to go into details, as to remember what happened only brings me anger towards that person, I will say this. For the first time, me and my family were homeless. We were forced out of our home, thanks to Slum-Lord Managers. We kept on jumping from Hotel to Hotel, trying to find a temporary place until we were able to secure a house. All throughout January, February, and March, we spent the majority of our time trying to just find a place to sleep, let alone having to resort to sleeping in a small car (there were 5 of us, plus 2 animals). Luckily, my long-time friend (@krimson05) offered his apartment to us, in March. During that time, I was talking with him, as he was telling me that his work was wanting to hire me as a Content Writer and Webside Coder. Soo, without any true option, I took him up on his offer. And thanks to this new job, I was able to pick back up all the things I was falling behind on... My Phone Bill was the main thing, wanting to make sure I still had a working phone in case work needed to get in contact with me and texting my girlfriend. I was also able to save enough to help my family secure an apartment...

From April to June: Within the first couple days of April, I gave my family the money they needed to help secure the apartment for all of us. We finally managed to have a place that we didn't have to worry about moving from abruptly. Now that I had a more secure place, I was able to set up my temporary room the way I needed it. I got my computer back up and running, which allowed me to now start planning my next Let's Plays. With this awesome job, I was able to excel in my department. During May, me and my girlfriend celebrated our Anniversary together. As for the job, I was able to prove my worth. I was immediately promoted to Head Website Coder and Lead Content Writer, once my 90-day trial period was complete.

From July to September: I was becoming more and more reliable in my job. However, with the work that our front office was doing, the back office needed to expand a little. Soo, my bosses hired a couple of extras. They were for Content Writing, but I was their boss. Soo, I gave them test content for me to assess their writing abilities. This allowed me to finish the new website designs I was working on, plus complete new clients' websites and update our old clients' websites as well. I was making enough to be able to set aside some money from my checks every week, along with making sure bills are being paid for. I was eventually given my own Office Key, allowing me to come in however early and leave however late I need to make sure all the work was complete. Also during September, me and my girlfriend celebrated her birthday. We did all the things she wanted to do for her birthday.

From October to December: Our work started to slightly slow down, leading to some people being let go from the company. I had to let go of the two Content Writers, as we were more than caught up with work. I didn't want to, but when my boss says that it needs to be done, I had no other choice. Since then, work has been either busy or slow. My girlfriend not only graduated with her Nursing Degree, but she was also offered a Nursing Job right off the bat. However, she failed to mention to me that it's up north, where her parents live. We had a VERY long talk about this situation. Though I agreed with her that it could a little while for her to find something where we were living, I tried my hardest to disagree with her decision... However, it was HER decision and she was standing right by it. Soo, she moved back up north and is currently employed as a Full-Time Nurse. Yes, we still try to see each other when we have the time... But she mainly works on the weekends, which is the only time I have off.

And there you have it. That was my recap of my Year of 2016. Yes, we are still together. Just because it's a little bit long distance, doesn't mean we can't make things work. When you know you've found the right one, you just know. And you do EVERYTHING to make it work. Looks like I've chatted for a little while. But now, it's time to pass the Story Stick to the next person. Reply down below of your Recap of 2016. It's always good to see how people are doing in the real world. Is everyone ready to share their story?? I hope so. Ready, GO!!!

Back