• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Link's Awakening Remastered

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
Hello everyone. I am The Great Sage, Leader and Founder of The Seven Sages. I am also the Webmaster and Creator of Guardian Sages, Where Knowledge is Born. It's been a long while since I have been able to post here. Longer time since I seen anyone here. But, let's get down to business. E3 has officially passed us by and Nintendo did not disappoint with their new releases. In case you didn't see the post I made, head on over to the E3 2019 Discussion Thread. But for now, this is about a more specific game.

Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening was first released on June 6th, 1993. Created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka, this first handheld Zelda game brought a new side of story-telling. Link was found washed ashore from losing his raft to the wild storm. A young girl, named Marin, found him and brought him to their house to heal. After waking up from having a strange bad dream, Link was told of the Legend of the Wind Fish. Given Link's heroic determination, he decided to take on the challenge of awakening the Wind Fish. While he explores the island, he learns more about the Wind Fish and the inhabitants of Koholint Island. He learns that they haven't slept in a long time and when those that do sleep, they have nightmares. After Link adventures to every part of the island to find all 8 instruments, he defeats the Nightmare that's been keeping the Wind Fish asleep. After finally waking up the Wind Fish, the Wind Fish thanks him for waking him up and tells him that he needs to finally wake up. Seriously confused, Link finally wakes up drifting on a piece of wood from his raft.

A very good game, definitely worth the play through many times. Nintendo released another version of the game called Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening DX. The DX version featured full color on the GameBoy Color (the newer, colored version of the handheld). It also featured a new dungeon that was never in the original. It was known as the Red/Blue Dungeon. If you found this dungeon, you were able to venture through the dungeon and were given a choice after defeating one color. The red side dungeon allows you to have permanent double damage for your sword. The blue side dungeon allows you to have permanent double defense for your shield. From collecting heart containers, seashells, and more, Link's Awakening was definitely a good handheld game to pick up.

This E3 brought us a lot of new games. A recent reveal trailer showed us a very familiar site of Link washed upon a familiar shore. Another familiar face appeared to help Link. After Link wakes up, we see that we are back in Koholint Island. Nintendo has decided to completely remaster Link's Awakening from the GameBoy. It will be releasing on the Nintendo Switch on September 20th, 2019. As a bonus, if you preorder the game at your nearest video game retail store, a Dreamer's Edition of the game was also revealed. The Dreamer's Edition of Link's Awakening will include the game and an artbook of all the characters, enemies, bosses, and more. The regular version of the game is retailing for $59.99, as for the Dreamer's Edition is retailing for $69.99. As another added bonus, Nintendo also revealed a new Amiibo design. It's of Link in Link's Awakening. This Amiibo is retailing for $15.99 and is also available for preorder at your nearest video game retailer. This Amiibo will be releasing along side with Link's Awakening Remastered on September 20th, 2019.

Back