• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
Hello everyone, I am The Great Sage. Welcome to the 10 Years Later Thread of Zelda Sages... I invite @webmasterbob, @Link and Navi, @Dakare, @UltimaLink007, and many more to come to this thread and post. First off... I'm a lot of days late. This post was actually suppose to be on October 11th, 2016. However, I seemingly forgot about the post, as my work load grew at a faster rate than first expected. It's no excuse, though. I should've made time to create the "10 Years Later" post. Better late than never, right?? But, I digress... Let's jump right into it. Allow me to go first...

*ahem*

10 years ago... I was a Junior in High School... Dating the most wonderful girl in the world... Surprisingly, her profile is STILL here... Anyways, this was during the time that the internet was slowly becoming more and more of a necessity in life. I had already a lot of time on the internet, playing StarCraft Online with a few online friends (one of which I still talk to to this day). I'm not really sure what caused me to search for Zelda Websites, but I remember just having the urge to check. To my surprise, there wasn't that many. I honestly don't remember what Zelda site I was on, but I remember coming across someone asking for help on Writing Content for a Zelda Website. I was intrigued and I wanted to help. Unfortunately, it was during this time that I was in my teenage years, where my thought process was that no one was smarter than me. So, I clicked the link and it brought me to this forum...

It wasn't as nice as it is today, but it was still a very active forum... One of the most active forums I have ever seen, even when it looked like it was just created. Soo, I signed up and tried to make a name for myself... However, I first built it all on a lie, pretty much. I did take to writing my own guides, but I wasn't proud enough to all them guides. Soo, I did something that I'm still not happy about. Then, there came all the positions that @webmasterbob was posting about. Back in my Teenage Years, I always wanted to be the center of attention, having the best position to brag most about. And I was given the prestigious title of "Co-Webmaster". Honestly, I should've done a hell of a lot better job back then. But, I was slowly messing things up. And there came the day that I was called out.

The Guide Content was soon to be found that I just took them from others. I took great offense to it, when I was a teenage. But the decision was made and I "stepped down". Honestly?? I should've been publicly ridiculed (on the forums, in front of all the members to read and see) for my actions. I left Zelda Sages after that moment, not wanting to really return. From then on, I pursued my own interests. From there, my life of illusion was soon crashing down all around me...

I've gone through some crazy things in my life. I've been to places that I would've never thought possible. My Life of Illusion was no longer safe to me. Everything was spiraling out of control, control that I always had. However, I kept doing everything I could to keep my Illusion up and going. Eventually, there came a time where I had no choice... My Life of Illusion was in pieces and all that was left was a door. Soo, I opened the door and walked into reality. Let me tell you... Living in your own Illusion for soo long and not being able to know how to function in reality, it takes a toll on you. However, I adapted to change and I'm back again...

Now we fast forward to now... I'm definitely not the same person I was 10 years ago. I'm glad I left my Life of Illusion when I did. Otherwise, I wouldn't have the life I have now. And before anyone asks, no I didn't become religious. I still don't believe that sort of thing. Rule #51 was something that took me a long time to admit to, but I finally did. In case if you don't know what Rule #51 is, it's this: Rule 51 - Sometimes, you're wrong. And for those of you that got the reference, I applaud you greatly. And yes, I know all the Rules. I was given the prestigious opportunity to write an Article, a special project for Zelda Sages. @webmasterbob was gracious enough to give me an opportunity to earn a second chance at trust. And this time, I plan on doing everything by the Book. I will NOT screw this one up.

10 Years Later... Zelda Sages is still up and running. It may be a slight Ghost Forums, but that doesn't mean we can't do something to help resurrect Zelda Sages. In my absence, I've worked with a couple other Zelda Sites (Web Developer really). One of those sites is the more popular Zelda Universe. I worked with a lot of them, and I've learned how they managed to keep going. It gives me ideas of how we can help get Zelda Sages back online. I'm ready to help, throwing my name in the mix to be the first one to volunteer to help Zelda Sages come back. But don't let me hog all the talking...

To all the members... Reply down below!! I know mine kinda covered some history of Zelda Sages, but I wanted to tell the TRUE history of what went down. But I know others have much more history to tell. Soo, I won't keep the Story Stick for much longer. I pass it to the rest of the members who would like to tell their tales. Ready??... GO!!!

Last edited:
A lot can change over 10 years, I am glad that you are getting a second chance. I am not the same person I was back then either I no longer ban anyone just because they disagree with me (for one thing we don't have the population for me to do that) It takes a lot of courage to admit ones follies, but you must also realize that you WILL screw up to some degree, we all will for we are only human the difference is that we learn from our past screw ups and admit that we are not infallible, nor are we invincible. But that is what makes us interesting.

I will start some of my story but I might need to come back to finish it
really my life was relatively unchanged from 2006-2011 only difference was graduating high school. Then in Nov. of 2011 I lost my Horse Kit this shattered me as human and left me with out much reason to live if not for my friends, Bob and my sister most of it is likely that I would have been very tempted to join Kit. Then a few months (the longest months of my life) later I met a girl at a party one of my sisters friends was having. she came in with bags from Barnes and Noble full of Batman and guide to weapons. I took her to see Batman Dark Knight Rises and as I dated her more I felt the return of happiness in my life. I have since married her and we are beginning to plan on starting a family (which is terrifying)
I would like to take this chance to thank everyone that has helped me over my hard times
There is of course a lot more too it than that but that will do for now

Last edited:
Well, let me be one of the first on Zelda Sages to tell you congrats on wanting to start a family!! Trust me, it's a scary and terrifying thought to bring another human into the world... But I honestly believe that once you do, you will soon realize that this is what makes life more memorable. I remember when I had my daughter... My first thought (while I was holding her) was "How the hell am I suppose to care and nurture this little baby into this world??" But after working at it for 3 years now, I've been able to successfully raise my daughter in the true ways of parenting (my opinion, of course).

And thank you, Justin. I know that I once made things very difficult here... But I'm back and I'm wanting to fix what I messed up in the first place. I hope to see you more online as we attempt another go at making Zelda Sages more visible on the map again. I'm definitely happy with the second chance. I don't get them often, which I definitely understand. But since Bob was gracious to give me one, I'm not going to waste it and ruin it. I will do my very best and work at my hardest level to help get Zelda Sages back online again.

Back