• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Age of Empires DS

animaldude

Sage in Training
I finally decided to right a reveiw for this game.... and here it is.

Well ill start off by explaining the game...
Well this game is a war/strategy game. You could play the campaign or just some free play. When you win games and campaigns you get points so you can unlock things such as units and buildings and upgrades that you could use during free play. The campaign has 6 levels...(i may have forgotten the exact difficulty level name so realize that they might be a little mixed up)
  1. tutorial
  2. easy
  3. medium
  4. medium hard
  5. hard
  6. very hard
each level tells the story of a hero such as Richard the Lionheart and Joan of Arc.

Now ill explain the game play...
On free play you start out with a scout, militia and villager. when you build a town center that is where you build ur town around. you could build a market, church, barracks, archery range, stable, university, and all that kind of stuff. You could only build four of thse buildings around the town center. Then you could build towers diagnolly next to the town center that help to barricade your buildings and the town center. There are two food resources to get... food and gold. You use the resources to build and make units and upgrade. When you move to the next age your able to get more upgrades and make more buildings and get more units. In order to go to the next age you need to get a certain number of upgrades. The object of the game is to basically kill all units and buildings on the other team and on the campaign the object is to just do what it says. The game board is basically like a checkerboard but the game is obviously not played like checkers. There's terrains such as rivers and mountains that you can't nesecarily build anything on and ur units could only move once a day. once you move ur unit once you cant move it again until you go to the "empire menu" and select the end day option. then the next day u could move every one agin but you could only move a certain number of squares. In order to attack with infantry and cavalry u need to move up next to the enemy unit and select the attack option. then the top screen of the ds will turn into a battle scene and the better unit conquers the weaker unit. the weaker unit doesnt always die though. it could just lose some health. the units start out with 100 health when they are made from there unit building thingy...

I am not done so dont post yet...

graphics- 8 out of 10 (the battle scenes are the only good graphics)

music- 10 out of 10 (can't go wrong with AOE music!)

gameplay- 8 out of 10 (its hard to think of a way to get a war strategy game onto a handheld but they did it! and they did a good job!)

story- 10 out of 10 (folows the story of real heroes)

replay- 9 out of 10 (when u beat the campaign you could just play free play but it doesn't heart to play through the campaign again. each level isnt tht long. it could probably take a week to finish the whole game if u play an hour a day)

7+10+9+10+9= 45x2= 90 out of 100 A-

I RECOMEND THIS GAME TO EVERYONE!!!!! (its pretty addicting)

my bad lol its when you joined.. for some reason i thought it was todays date.. i dint join march 2006

I should have guessed you got this game:p Is it really that good? Can you make a reference to a game I know and have played that is similiar to it?

Its nothing like ive ever played... its new. Thats why i like it :D . The campaign part might be like that prince of Persia game i got you...

you'll understand if you get the game :p

oh... prince of persia is confuzzle bustle... well what ever u meant... uh ... im confuzzlebustled

Back