• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Animaldude's Wii Game of the Year Awards

animaldude

Sage in Training
I've decided to hold my own little Wii Game of the Year awards. Here's how it works... Every few days I'll edit this thread to have a new poll and you guys can vote on which game is the best out of the ones I've put up. It'll work tournament style:

Guitar Hero III
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Manhunt 2
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Madden NFL '08
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
MLB Power Pros
Battalion Wars 2

Mario Party 8
Super Paper Mario
Wii Play
Pokemon Battle Revolution

Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Wario Ware Smooth Moves
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
The Sims
The Sims 2: Castaways

Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Super Mario Galaxy
Ghost Squad
Nitro Bike
Link's Crossbow Training

Soul Caliber Legends
Trauma Center: New Blood
Wii Zapper
Loser with Most Votes (Currently- The Godfather/ Zack and Wiki)

Super Paper Mario
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Guitar Hero 3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Battalion Wars 2
Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy

From here on out the tournament will go like this: We will finish up all of the 1st round match-ups. The last match-up will have the loser with the second highest votes make another appearance for another chance at glory. That would be The Godfather Blackhand Edition if it were to happen at this moment. After the 1st round, the winners will randomly be chosen to face each other in groups of 3. Then the three winners of that will be in the final round.

EDIT:

The second round will now begin. I have edited the first post to include the match-ups for round 2.
Round three is on the homepage :).

The final round is available on the Zelda Sages homepage. Be sure to cast your vote!

btw not to animaldude, putting you name in the pole caused the page to over-expand, lol. I'll figure something out during the waking hours of the day :D.

AND THE WINNER IS....
SUPER
MARIO
GALAXY!

EDIT: I'll now let everyone use this thread for discussion on the final poll.

Have you guys noticed how the last 3 were only nintendo?

This website is filled with people who aren't even allowed to play M games and (just looking at the name) is filled with a bunch of nintendo fans who just jump in joy at the sight of Mario.

The Godfather should've won this, and I'm even more pissed that a Mario game won Game of the Year.

I honestly don't think Galaxy stands a chance in the real thing.

Have you guys noticed how the last 3 were only nintendo?

This website is filled with people who aren't even allowed to play M games and (just looking at the name) is filled with a bunch of nintendo fans who just jump in joy at the sight of Mario.

The Godfather should've won this, and I'm even more pissed that a Mario game won Game of the Year.

I honestly don't think Galaxy stands a chance in the real thing.
Yoyoll, I have to say, quit being so biased. The Godfather only got a score of 7.6 on Gamespot, 8 on IGN, and a 4 out of 5 on X-Play. I'm tired of you saying that the Godfather is the best game ever. Yes, the Wii needs more M games, yes it was a pretty good game. And yes, the movies rocked.

Keep in mind that Galaxy has been said to be the best Super Mario game of all time, even more than 64 and World. It also won best Action/Adventure Game from X-Play, over Crackdown, God of War II, Ratchet and Clank Future, and Assassins Creed, and was one of the six nominees for Game of the Year, and the only one from the Wii.

I'm sorry, did you just say the movie "rocked"? ROCKED?!

I just have nothing to say about that...
(For all you dumbasses out there, I mean to say it's too much of an understatement to respond to.)

Super Mario Galaxy didn't use the wiimotes nearly as good as the Godfather, and you shouldn't even have to guess which one has a better story line. The Godfather also had better gameplay, GTA style, and all the different missions you can choose from at the same time made for a constantly entertaining game, you never got "stuck".

Other than that all I have to say is: yes, I am a little biased, only because I can appreciate Mario's (the author of the Godfather) brilliance, and the events that the books were based on; Francis Ford Coppola did a great job with the movie, Al Pacino's best role was in there, Robert DeNiro's only good role was in there, and Marlon Brando was just an overall amazing actor.

I thought there was no reason the Godfather shouldn't have won.

I thought the movie was phenomenal, but as you said yourself yoyolll, I haven't played it, nor would I 'probably' be allowed to, so I can't vouch for the game.

I voted Metroid...=P

I voted Galaxy because it's just amazing... so should I do this again next year?

And I've been thinking about doing a DS version... should I?

I hate being a hyppocrit (no idea how to spell that) because I voted for the Godfather, but I really don't think it's fair to vote without playing all the games first.

I'm talking about the final poll in which i've played Galaxy, Corruption, and Paper Mario. I did vote against Godfather though for the games I have played because if you weren't allowed to vote in polls that you didn't play one game in, then no one would vote (most likely).

So what do you think about a DS version this year and another edition next year?

Back