• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Battalion Wars 2

animaldude

Sage in Training
Again, I'll try and make this as brief as possible.

Battalion Wars 2

Summary- This game is a third person shooter and a strategy game at the same time. There are to modes to this game; campaign and online. Mainly, this is a sequel to the sleeper hit on the gamecube that offers a different story and of course online play.

Story- The campaign mode has a decent story... it turns out that a long time ago there was this empire that was very close to taking over the world but ended up failing at the last minute. Then in present day time someone is stirring up trouble between the empires. It is really hard to keep track of all the different empires and people that take part in the story if you don't play the game all in a few days. It's got a good concept but the way it's presented may confuse some. Here's why: it starts off a few thousand years ago... then goes to present day... and then in the next chapter it goes back 30 years ago. I could understand why it needs to be done, but still. My last problem with the story is that in one chapter you might be fighting this one empire but then in the next you are playing as the one you were fighting...
7/10

Gameplay- The blend of genres works out great. At some points it can get to be difficult but the satisfaction of beating a mission is great. You can play as as a naval unit, infantry unit, or air unit which is really nice. Online matches are fun too. The one problem I have is the control. Dodging things feels weird because you have to push the analog stick left and right while you tilt the nunchuck. Also, jumping and submerging the submarine involve shaking the nunchuck and overall the nunchuck isn't responsive.
8.5/10

Sound- It's got voice acting but their voices and accents can get annoying sometimes. The menu music is pretty war-like and in game music isn't very noticeable so it's not a bad thing or a good thing.
8/10

Graphics- The cutscenes look pretty nice but the actual in-game stuff looks like it can be done on the gamecube. Occasionally, a character might overlap with another which could be pretty strange...
7.5/10

Value- I'd say the campaign can be completed in a week or so... Not many hours of gameplay... I've played for about 4 hours and it says up 50% through. Online mode is what really adds value to this game. You can choose from assault, co-op, and skirmish. Each mode is pretty good. I haven't exactly gotten into online play that much but I could imagine it adding a couple more weeks of time until you get bored.
8.5/10

Overall- I like this game overall. On the other hand my brother loves this game. So I imagine it has to do with your taste. Anyway, I'll recommend this game to anyone really. You don't need to have played the original to play this one and for those who have played the original this adds another story and an online mode.

8.2/10

Great review; I'm saving all my funds over the next few months mainly due to X-mass purchases, although I'm thinking of throwing this game on my family wishlist *maybe someone will be kind enough...*

Back