• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Brawl: Special and Themed Matches

Capt. Zeroth

Loftwing
I have to admit, playing stock or timed Brawls all the time does get boring. I'm sure you all know about the Special Brawl menu selection that allows you to start the match with certain properties. Share your themed matches and special brawls here!

One of my favorites is what I call The Stealth Stick.
Go into Special Brawl and set body status to Clear. This makes you invisible and hides the player name. Select OK and change the Game Type to Stock (1). Set Items to High Frequency, and all items off except Smoke Balls. Choose a large stage, like the Melee Temple. These end up being really fun matches as long as you can keep track of where you are. Also, as a warning, if you play with bots, they tend to be able to find you better than a human player. If you can, play with a friend.

Here is another; Sudden Death Time Heroes!
Go into Special Brawl and set Starting Damage to 300%. Instant KO. Now, set Game Speed to Fast. Select OK and set Game Type to Stock (5). Change Item Frequency to High. Turn off all Items except for Clocks. Choose a fairly level stage and play! Everyone moves in fast motion! If you are the lucky one to get a Clock, you move twice the speed of everyone else, allowing you unmatched reflexes!

Here is a character match; Pokemon Battle.
All players must be a Pokemon character, whether it be Pokemon Trainer or Jigglypuff. Set all items off except for Pokeballs. Play, of course, in one of the Pokemon stadiums.

So how do you Brawl?

Suprise!

Start with metal bodies and low gravity. The result is characters that are almost invincible - until you reach a certain damage threshold (varies by character) and suddenly you're not. Low gravity + heavy characters = very hard to stop in mid-air.

Sonic Heroes!

Stage: Big Blue
Stock: 10
Scenario: 4 Sonics, Humans and Lvl 9 CPUs. Mega sized, Fast Brawl, with Bunny Hoods. No items. Sonics run faster than the cars on Big Blue while wearing the Bunny Hood. :)

Back