• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Cars!

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Nope, not the movie. I know I've tried this before, but I figured I'd try it again. How many of you are car people? I know I am (well, really anything with an engine that I can make go fast).

My current car is a 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST. Black exterior, with a black leather interior. 2.3 NA I4, five-speed manual. I already installed an FSWerks Cool-Flo cold air intake with an ITG Maxogen air filter on it, but haven't done much else mainly due to money concerns. I would love to get a cat-back for it, but after that I don't think I'll do much else to it, other than possible suspension work (maybe a stress bar, not sure about swapping in new coil-overs).

And of course my favorite car is the Ford Mustang. My dad has a 1992 Mustang LX hatchback with the classic Windsor block 5.0 HO engine and a five-speed manual. Green exterior with a smoke grey interior. Has a K&N filter, Flowmaster catbacks, and a three-point stress bar. This thing is a beast. As soon as I graduate and get a job I'm going to buy it from him, then probably tear it down and rebuild it.

So anybody else into cars? Have anything modded, or just a favorite? Maybe a dream car that you want to buy when you get the money?

I am into fixing cars lol, I own a 2000 Dodge intrepid and as much as I like it, I hate the engine lol, working on it is a jigsaw puzzle sometimes. it's got a V6 nothing special.

My favorite/dream car is a Chrysler 300 any year or style pretty much. Dark in color would be my choice.

Nice, nice. Yeah, I know what you mean about the engine. Transverse mount V6's are a pain to work on. I remember watching my dad try to change to sparkplugs on one of my mom's old vans back in the day. He couldn't get the rear bank done cause he needed a car lift to come up from underneath to change them.

And the 300's are nice. The 5.7 Hemi is a monster engine. And you can't go wrong with AWD, either.

And the 300's are nice. The 5.7 Hemi is a monster engine. And you can't go wrong with AWD, either.
Indeed, I also fancy the look of them as well.

Spark plugs as simple of a car part they are, changing them on some vehicles, forget about it. Luckily on my dodge they are very easy to get at. I had an 88 Buick regal and the motor of course was in sideways, 3 in the front and 3 in the back. Had to remove the top motor mounts and pry the motor forward to replace the backside.

That's gotta be intense. Yeah, sparkplugs are hardly ever fun. Helped my dad replace them on his Mercury Mountaineer (it had the 4.6L V8 in it), and one of the plugs broke, so that the bottom was still in the head, and the top was taken off. We fixed it eventually, but after that my dad swore to never buy Motorcraft plugs again.

that sounds like a pain that the plug broke like that. I hate when bolts and such break like that.

One time the crankshaft sensor went out on my 88 Buick Regal, well took a few days to figure out that was the issue, but what happened was it was so cold it broke apparently, and it inserted in the top of the oil pan. We would have had to drop the tranny to remove the oil pan on the vehicle just to get this $20 part out, but luckily there was a piece of the wire about 1/8 inch sticking out of the broke piece and barely enough room to reach a pliers down the backside of the motor (after removing motor mounts and prying the engine forward and securing it with chains) to grab it and pull it out.

Wow. But, yeah, sensors are such a pain. While helping my dad replace an oxygen sensor on the Mustang, I broke a 20mm combo wrench. Replacing the EGR valve/valve sensor on it was a pain, too. Same with my brother's 01 Focus. And don't even get me started on replacing the starter motor in his Focus. Had to remove the majority of the intake, along with the EGR stuff so that we could reach it, and at that point my dad had to crawl under it and I had to work from above to get it in place and bolted in.

Back