• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

chatroom

The chatroom link (well, not link) on the home page is written with a strikethrough. How long has that been there, I really didn't notice it...

Does this mean the chatroom idea was just trashed, or is it delayed even further?

Money, that magical stuff that makes the world go round. Especially now that I need to have my cars transmission rebuilt *$1700...ouch!* among other things, I currently lack spare cash. ZeldaGuardian has offered to pay for it, although we're unsure how to transfer the money being neither of us hold paypal account, and bank transfers are rather complicated. We'll think of something though...hopefully ;).

The strike-through has been there since November. If you visit the beta page now, it will give you an error saying the chatroom is coming soon.

I remember back in the day... when the original chatroom was up! I made kooky concontions of smilies.. Like a female sign + male Sign = baby... Sometimes beer was put into the eqation.. Bobert, will the chatroom have the noises and buttons I knew and loved?

Correct, addonchat operates far better than Flashchat. Addonchat has all sorts of weird and wacky noises and smiles, that, and if anyone requests anything specific, I can always add them in. Of course, I need to set aside the $120 it will cost for a year of service.

Correct, addonchat operates far better than Flashchat. Addonchat has all sorts of weird and wacky noises and smiles, that, and if anyone requests anything specific, I can always add them in. Of course, I need to set aside the $120 it will cost for a year of service.
Isn't there some sort of chat thing you can buy? Forever, I mean, so you can use it anywhere.

Yes, that was Flashchat, which I can actually install right now and use again. However, the problem with FlashChat lies in server load issues. Chatrooms create a huge system load on the server, which would end up getting my account suspended...which would not be very good :).

Besides, FlashChat is slow, addonchat is instant. In the long run, it really is worth it.

I'd have to check the law on that. We're not for profit and hence do not need to report any form of tax or...anything, although I'll see. There is a subscription system in Vbulletin I could probably use for set dollar amount donations, or maybe I can find an addon for the cms. I'd have to make a paypal account though...that will be fun.

Again though, I'd have to check on the laws. The US, especially New Jersey, are very keen on making really wacky laws about internet websites receiving donations.

Back