• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Classic xbox games go live

DSage

Groose
Microsoft has announced the release downloadable full versions of clssic xbox games for the 360. With the game it includes multiplayer online for games like Halo 1 :CE. all i know is 12:01 Et they are temporarily free to XBL subscribers.

i was surprised halo 1 downloadable content with and xbl server.....Halo 3 was released like 45 days ago and they bring back that awesome game. Either way every game with multiplayer can be played on xbox connect. THey did all these game to celebrate their 5th anniversary

But Xbox was released in 01 with Halo. So how can it be 5th anniversary?

But the game you need to wait for is Marathon. It takes place 200 years after the Halo series but still has Master Chief!

No, XBL had the Marketplace for a year or so now. But I am kinda surprised that they're puttin Xbox games on there.

ive heard 5th year anniversary from g4 i think. Either way people did have games saved to their old xboxs "Haxorz". I think its a great way to make some money and i guess they thought the same way. The marketplace was technically since the xbox not the same way as on the 360 but you can download arcade games from XBL since the origional box. By virtual console do you mean downloadable games if so Xbox did have the arcade when the console appeared.

Nah, he means Nintendo's classic systems that are up on the Wii's Shop Channel. You have a Wii, go check it out.

But they have had the Marketplace since the launch of the 360, just not havin the classic games. And I guess it's the 5 year anniversary of Live, so it works.

wait if its the same as nintendos ideas nintendo then has actual Gamecube games on the wii marketplace type thing?

Built in 512 with SD card function (which is a pain). But this isn't the topic for that.

So are they also gonna have Halo 2 avaible?

i dunno if h2 will be on it. I would guess not because it has live and is compatable with the 360. the only reason to download it would be to have it stored on your 360 which would be a waste of space if you could just pop in the disk.

i dunno if h2 will be on it. I would guess not because it has live and is compatable with the 360. the only reason to download it would be to have it stored on your 360 which would be a waste of space if you could just pop in the disk.

I think you're right. I'd like to see some original xbox games for download on Live. Otherwise, the classic games are fine by me.

But Xbox was released in 01 with Halo. So how can it be 5th anniversary?

But the game you need to wait for is Marathon. It takes place 200 years after the Halo series but still has Master Chief!

Dude I'm pretty sure Marathon was a game that Bungie created BEFORE Halo, so Master Chief wasn't even a thought in anyone's mind. Also, if it takes place 200 YEARS LATER, how can Master Chief be in it? He should be dead. He is afterall only human. Also, if it's 200 years later, it's gonna be different MJOLNIR armor, so it won't even be anywhere near the same group of spartans

Dude I'm pretty sure Marathon was a game that Bungie created BEFORE Halo, so Master Chief wasn't even a thought in anyone's mind. Also, if it takes place 200 YEARS LATER, how can Master Chief be in it? He should be dead. He is afterall only human. Also, if it's 200 years later, it's gonna be different MJOLNIR armor, so it won't even be anywhere near the same group of spartans

He is alive and in the cryotube (cryogenic freezing) and heading toward a rough landing on a planet. So he can live 200 years later. He said "wake me up when you need me" maybe he was found on the planet from the beacons cortana sent to earth. Also it was the end of the halo trilogy. Star wars has more than one trilogy but they were not made in order. It can be the same spartans because many were alive after the last book including the news ones. One problem they are in some kind of other planet type thing. WIth that last book you can tell the story is not over. They have to find a way to combine the ending of Halo 3 with the ending of The ghosts of Onyx(a very good book). Its not over so much was not in the game.

Just to clarify, the announced games are:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Fable
Psyconauts

Most likely, this is just the first wave of popular X-Box Games coming to 360.

He is alive and in the cryotube (cryogenic freezing) and heading toward a rough landing on a planet. So he can live 200 years later. He said "wake me up when you need me" maybe he was found on the planet from the beacons cortana sent to earth. Also it was the end of the halo trilogy. Star wars has more than one trilogy but they were not made in order. It can be the same spartans because many were alive after the last book including the news ones. One problem they are in some kind of other planet type thing. WIth that last book you can tell the story is not over. They have to find a way to combine the ending of Halo 3 with the ending of The ghosts of Onyx(a very good book). Its not over so much was not in the game.

^ Pretty much. Bungie has also hinted at the fact that they are the same person. Also with the use of ship grade AI in the Marathon series (Durandrel was one that went insane) hints that they are the same universe. Also the rocket launcher is the same and in Halo you can see the Marathon symbol everywhere (Capt. Keyes had a Marathon patch on his uniform).

So anyway (back on topic), what other classic games do you think we'll be seein? Think we'll see the first Battlefront? Or the first Forza?

Back