• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Comment Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyolll

Conspiracy Theorist
Did that new update allow us to edit our comments? Or is it for high ranking members?

Either way, it didn't work for me.

I pressed the edit button and it allowed me to edit my comment. When I exceeded that little typing space, the text box didn't scroll down and I couldn't see what I was typing. I "updated" it anyway, and it didn't work, it just showed my old message.

No, shouldn't be able to see that *hence why it doesn't work when you submit your comment again...* I'm going to look into what's wrong; it'll just be a bit of annoyance having the link on your comments. I'll get to the bottom of it though, thanks Yoyolll.

It hides your comment from plain view for approval. Essentially, if a moderator thinks what you posted is bad and wants to review it to make sure they would unapprove it.

Edit: I'm having someone check it out :).

Edit:
Maintenance man fixed the problem :). You should no longer be seeing the edit, delete, and unapprove links. I've already tested it with one account although Yoyoll if you can confirm *or anyone else* that'd be great. It turned out to be an issue with the system core with the new moderator functions.

No, no record of who edits what is kept on the frontend for comment editing. If it was done via the admin panel I could see who it was, otherwise it's anonymous.

Well how is that fair, what if some asshole changes all my comments? (It's a good possibility)

They wouldn't. If a member of the moderation team was abusing their power they would be fired very quickly. Only members of the moderation team have the ability to manipulate your comments and would only do so if your comment warranted such.

Comments are immediately viewable on the homepage for those without javascript enabled. Therefore, we need to be a bit stricter with comments compared to what appears in the forum and chatroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back