• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Fanfiction: Christmas in Hyrule

Title: Christmas in Hyrule
Author: Shadowknight1
Timeline: Post-Ocarina of Time(Adult half)
Characters: Link, Zelda, Impa, Ruto, Malon, Epona
Disclaimer: I don't own The Legend of Zelda or its related characters. Nintendo does.

This is my first post, and I think that this could be a good introduction for myself. This is a week late, but here it is, my Zelda Christmas parody. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Christmas in Hyrule
(Part 1)​
Pure white, powdery snow covered the plains of the peaceful kingdom of Hyrule. Almost a full year had passed since the banishment of evil from the lands, and a holiday celebration was being planned by the Queen of Hyrule, Zelda. However, there was one resident of Hyrule who wasn't quite in a holiday mood. In fact, he woke up later than everyone else in the castle. His name was Link. As he rubbed his tired eyes, he muttered, "This weather is really messing me up. How am I supposed to know what time it is when I can't see the sun?" He brushed back his blond hair and groped around for his clothes. When he finally found them, he was surprised to feel that they were nicely folded. "Geez, did Zelda have a maid come in and clean while I was asleep?" he mumbled tiredly. Link's eyes remained unfocused as he slipped into his leggings and his shirt. He then grabbed his tunic and slid it over his head, paying no heed to the fact that it felt slightly different. He hooked his belt around his waist, then grabbed his baldric and hooked that across his chest, the scabbard for his sword hanging on his back. Then he grabbed his hat and his gauntlets and started for his door, grumbling, "If this isn't good enough for Her Royal Highness, then she can just kiss my butt and I'll go back to bed." As he descended the stairs, Link slipped his hat onto his head, not noticing the small fluffy ball attached to the point of his hat, nor the abnormal color of the hat itself. However, as he found himself at the foot of the staircase, he slipped on his gauntlets and discovered that they were, in fact, some kind of wooly glove! Link's eyes jerked open and he realized that he was wearing some kind of red mittens instead of his usual brown gauntlets. "What the hell?!" He ran into the main hall and found a mirror and looked at himself.

Instead of its usual forest-green tint, Link discovered that his tunic is bright red with fluffy white fur at the neck, arms, and below the belt. His hat was a matching color to the tunic, and his sword has been replaced with some kind of striped shepherd’s crook. "What is this?!" he exclaimed. "I look like some kind of freak!" He noticed that the earrings in his long ears had been replaced as well, now red and white striped instead of blue. After a moment, Link could come to only one conclusion as to who did this to him. "ZELDA!" he bellowed.

In her Royal Chamber, Queen Zelda heard Link’s shout, and could only giggle. "I guess he finally figured it out, eh Impa?" she said to her attendant. Impa smirked as she gazed at the Queen’s festive garb. Rather than her traditional white, pink, and blue dress, Zelda was covered with bright greens and reds, with sprigs of mistletoe in her hair. Impa, on the other hand, decided to be slightly more conservative, and dressed in a forest-green dress.

"And why did you do that in the first place, Your Highness? His normal clothes are ‘Christmassy’ enough, aren’t they?" Impa said softly.
"Why, to see if he would make a good Father Christmas, of course! Don’t worry Impa, he won’t be angry for long," Zelda replied. "Not when he sees the present I got for him." Impa noted the sly smile on the Queen’s face and shook her head.

At that moment, Link burst into the room, and Impa had to restrain her amusement at not only his clothing, but his facial expression. "Zelda, what the hell is this?!" he exclaimed.

"Those are your Christmas clothes, Father Christmas," Zelda teased. Link, however, was far from amused. Zelda decided to ignore his less than appropriate manner and stood from her throne. "I think they look darling on you. And what do you think of mine?" she asked, twirling around slowly.
Link decided for the moment to spare Zelda’s life, mainly because Impa would kill him, and also because he had to admit that she did look lovely in her new gown. "Almost good enough to make me stop being pissed," he muttered.

Zelda giggled and skipped down to Link, then touched his nose playfully. "Good! It won’t do for the Hero of Time to be upset with his Queen. Especially not at Christmas!" Link mumbled something unintelligible, but Zelda decided to overlook it for the moment. "Now, which do you want to do first, Hero? Feast, or presents?"

Link raised an eyebrow, but then he felt his stomach rumble loudly. "Uh…feast, please."

Impa laughed, and clapped once. "If you’ll go to the dining room, I think you’ll find everything already set up," she said to Zelda and Link.

Zelda smiled. "Thank you Impa. Come on Hero. Let’s get that rumble in your stomach taken care of," she declared. Link’s face almost turned as red as his tunic, from the embarrassment of his hunger being that audible, and the fact that Zelda grasped his hand. Zelda giggled as she yanked Link to the dining room. Though she wasn’t really hungry, at least not for anything that the cooks could whip up, she decided to stay with Link and make sure he ate his fill.

Link’s mouth watered as he saw the glorious feast set out. He quickly sat down and waited for Zelda to take her seat before he dug in. Zelda folded her hands and watched as Link scarfed down everything he could get his hands on. She giggled at how cute he looked as he ate. "Mmm, this is great stuff, your Majesty!" Link mumbled around a mouthful of food.

"Well, I'm glad you like it Link. Are you ready for your Christmas present?" Zelda said, smiling. Link swallowed, and then nodded his head. Zelda bolted up and grabbed him by the hand again, jerking him out of his chair.
As she tugged him away, Link could only think, 'OW! My poor shoulder!!' But she kept dragging him through the castle until they were in front of the huge pine tree in the main chamber of the castle. Link looked up at the magical lights surrounding the tree and the star at the top. Zelda finally let go of his hand and nearly flew to the tree. Link sighed, and asked, "So, what's my present?"

"Well, if I told you, that'd be wrong. You have to unwrap it first!" she giggled, handing him a skinny, oblong package wrapped in bright red paper.
Link curiously took the package and undid the bow and pulled the paper off as fast as he could. What he found surprised him. In the package was a beautifully gilded sword with a bright sapphire jewel nestled in the crest of the wing-shaped guard, which flowed over the leather-wrapped handle with a ruby inset in the tear shaped pommel. The blade was sharpened on both sides and blended into the guard, making the blade nearly as wide as the guard at the base, narrowing up to the point. "Wow! It's beautiful!" He held it up and admired it as it gleamed in the light.

Zelda clapped her hands together. "You mean you really like it?!"

"Of course I do! Thank you so much Zelda!" he replied. He gripped the candy cane in his scabbard and handed it to Zelda and slid the sword into the scabbard. "It fits perfectly!"

Zelda grinned and gave Link a hug. "Oh thank you Link, I'm glad you like it!" Link blushed visibly, making Hyrule's beautiful queen giggle a little.

Christmas in Hyrule
(Part 2)​

Then a voice called out through the castle, making Zelda cringe, "LINK!! Guess what? I've got something for you!!" A red-haired young woman came through the main archway carrying a large, brightly wrapped box. Malon of the Lon Lon Ranch bounded up to Link. Then she bowed to Zelda. "Oh! Merry Christmas, your majesty," she said, showing the proper respect. Then she noticed the brightly shining sword in his scabbard. "Oh wow! Is that what Queen Zelda gave you for Christmas Link?" Link only nodded, unsure why Malon was really there. "Well, here's mine!" she exclaimed and pushed the box into his hands. "Go on, unwrap it! I know you'll love it!"

Link shrugged and unwrapped the gift as Malon watched, her hands clasped in front of her waist, which, for Link, seemed to accentuate her...endowments. He blushed slightly and averted his gaze to the box, which he set down and lifted the top off. Inside was a perfectly crafted and decorated leather saddle and bridle. Link's mouth dropped. It was just as beautiful as the sword. "Wow! Is this for Epona and me?" Malon nodded eagerly. "I love it!"

She grinned. "I knew you'd love it! I'll bet it's better than Zelda's gift!" Malon blurted out without even thinking. In an instant, Zelda's eyes turned from cool blue to fiery red and her hands curled into quivering fists.
Link gulped, and he held up a hand, just about to interrupt when he heard another voice cry out. "Oh please! Neither of your presents can compare to mine!" shouted the Zora princess, Ruto, from the other side of the room. The fish-woman strolled in, her normally nude form clothed in a fashion similar to Link. Before Link knew what was happening, Ruto draped her arms around him. "Link, for your Christmas present, I'm giving you the one thing that the two of them can't give you. I'm giving you me," she whispered seductively. Link's face flushed furiously, and it wasn't the only thing that was furious. Fire flashed in both Zelda's and Malon's eyes.

Link was sweating as the three women glared daggers at each other. He couldn't see any way out of this predicament. It's not that he preferred one of the ladies over either of the other two. But he sure didn't want to tell them that. Then he felt slight pressure on his cheek as Ruto kissed him. In an instant, he was thrown aside as both Zelda and Malon tackled Ruto. Both of them exclaimed, "YOU SLUT!" and within moments, Zelda slapped Ruto across the face, and Malon grabbed Zelda's hair and yanked. Zelda screamed and elbowed Malon in the gut. Link took this moment to crawl away, grabbing his new saddle. He cast a quick look behind him and saw that the women were still slapping each other and yanking hair, and throwing punches.

Link sighed, and ran out. "No way in hell am I staying around that," he muttered. He mounted his horse Epona and pulled back on the reins. "Let's get out of here for a while, okay?" The horse whinnied and galloped off with Link hanging on as snow continued to cover Hyrule. "Well, Merry Christmas Epona. Here's hoping that things will be back to normal when we get back," Link said to his horse. Epona neighed in agreement.

OMFG :eek:, this is so funny!!!:) ...very nicely done!:D

Also, I think you should have an episode 2, where the 3 follow him from the castle, and then, Saria contacts Link, so he goes to kokiri forest, with zelda malon and ruto following him silently, and then a huge violent battle erupts when Saria gives her present to Link....that would be great.....

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol:D:D:D

Very good, but Ruto theoretically shouldn't be there because she's a sage. Oh, well it's a fanfic anyway so I don't really care.

No, seriously, this is great!!! You SHOULD make an episode 2 where Saria calls Link with her ocarina and there is a huge catfight between the four. Maybe you could add any other characters that you think of too, such as: Link using some other guy as a decoy while he gets away from the women... maybe I could make an episode 2 by myself... but I'd prefer that you do it :D

It's non-canon, who cares? The specifics are for those who care less about humor than accuracy. Great stories, reminds me of the Zelda Game thread. :p

I said it was really funny. I am just pointing it out.

Maybe someone should do a fanfiction on for Valentines Day (Zelda vs. Saria vs. Malon vs. Ruto vs. ... Midna?)

But Midna doesn't really like Link, right? .............I need to get further in TP to really find out though.......

Yes, Valentines Day is A GREAT idea:D Maybe I'll come up with something, though I really would like to make part 2 of christmas.......It all depends on how much time I have to write it...

Thanks for the comments! There won't likely be a sequel as I not only have four other Zelda stories running around inside my head right now, but a Final Fantasy VII story, a Star Wars story, and a novel! *sweatdrop*

I never played OoT due to my lack of GC/64 (no, you may not hang me) so would i be wasting my time if i read this due to the fact that I wouldn't understand some things?

It's still fun to read, so yes. It is so freaking funny, and that's why I want to do a part 2.

And if you don't understand something, PM someone (like me:D) and ask them to "clarify" whatever needs clarification. That's what we're here to do :)

Back