• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Final Fantasy 3 DS

Zerg006

Loftwing
Finally, the one Final Fantasy game that wasn't released in the US before, is now in the US. Well actually it has been in the US for quite some time now...Ah well

Sound/Audio - 8/10: The sound/audio is very good. It's nice to hear the Fanfare music when you win a battle, or to hear the classic title music on (what else!) the title screen. The battle music is very well done. I just wish that there could be some character sounds, even if it was just a grunt.

Video - 9/10: When you turn this game on, don't push anything and watch the opening movie. Oh my goodness it is amazing. The graphics are amazing in the video, and look like GC graphics. On the DS. Course that's not how the graphics actually look. The graphics for the actual game are very well done, with characters and enemies being very detailed. I just wish that the main characters didnt look like 4 or 5 year old children...

Gameplay - 10/10: It's Final Fantasy. Nuff said. But seriously, the gameplay is exactly like the other Final Fantasies (Which should have been over after the first game. *SPOILER!! The reason it's called Final Fantasy is because Square was about to go out of business, so they made a game and called it Final Fantasy. Since the game was a success, they kept making them. Same thing with Dead or Alive*) Sorry about that. What I really like in this game is the job system. There are many different jobs to choose from, each with their strengths and weaknesses, and there is a hidden job which I won't mention, or else it wouldn't be hidden now would it?

Extras - 7/10: There's not a whole lot of extras in this game. There is a secret job class, and a secret dungeon, but other than that, that's it. You can use the Nintendo Wi-Fi to send mail to people that you have registered as friends, and you can send "stamps" to them, which you receive once you get the ultimate weapon for a class, so your friend can get it without doing the work. Course they will exploit you. I just wish that there was an online battle mode, so you could whoop the butt of your exploiting friend.

Overall - 9/10: This is a very good game. If you don't have it, I highly suggest that you go out right now and buy it. Now. I don't care if it's 3 AM or that you're somehow magically reading this on a laptop in the middle of the Mohave Desert. Go get it! The game will give you many hours of playtime, so it's money well spent

Back