• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

For those of you have played Windwaker...

Windmage

Co-Webmaster, Co-Conspirator
Assuming that if you are reading this, you've played the Windwaker in both play-throughs. If you have this question is for you. I dont know if anyone noticed but......

How was the second quest different? (other than the fact that Aryll's[spelling?] dress was different, your clothes were different and you started out being to take color pictographs) I already know, but it took me a long time to find out. It something I would never have thought of if i had'nt been looking. ;) Oh yes, i also know about the hylian language becoming understandable. Its a small difference...

The wierdo Hyrulian text that many anciant creatures speak which is unreadable in the first quest *such characters being Valo, Jabu, etc* is readable. These text reveal a great deal of information of the Zelda series as a whole, such as there is more then one Link *aparently, people were in disbeleif over that :p* and several other hiden answers.

I knew i forgot something......yes, that was different too. But there was something else different. It was a very small difference.

Edit: i should change my original post then.....

Also, is Jabun really Jabu-Jabu??

I'm not 100% sure, but it is possible. The score played during the scene is a remixed version of "Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly" level from Ocarina of Time. So, they may be the same thing, or related, of which I'm not sure.

Ah.......interesting.......

Nobody has posted what they think is the other differences, so here it is.

The triforce shards are in slightly different places. It is as very small difference, i know. lol.:)

Yhe Sythesized musical scor is indeed a remmix... i figured that out as well:)
but the ambiance music is....different

Wow i never knew of the remixed songs. I knew of all the other stuff, but not that. The one thing I find funny, that they didn't fix for the second play-through, is that at the end, when Link is surrounded by the air bubble, the bubble is conformed to his hat, which he doesn't have! It's kinda funny to look at.

BTW, does anyone know what happens if you manage to find all the Tingle statues with the Tingle Tuner? I don't have a connector, so I don't know.

Tingle just gives you 50 rupees when you find one and talk to him on Tingle Island, and the last one gives you 100. Pretty worthless, I know, but it's still fun to pick them up and chuck 'em in the ocean

Also, I believe that Jabun and Jabu-Jabu are the same whale thing. I will try to release a proposed timeline I created before the TP launch (but I will probably delay it to include info from TP)

IMHO Jabun and Jabu-Jabu are the same.

A geez. A timeline. I tried that once but it hurt my head. Remember: Everything with Vaati and the four sword is a seperate timeline!!! That annoyed me when I found timelines with that included.

IMHO Jabun and Jabu-Jabu are the same.

A geez. A timeline. I tried that once but it hurt my head. Remember: Everything with Vaati and the four sword is a seperate timeline!!! That annoyed me when I found timelines with that included.

Yhea, Vaati refuses to be contained in a timeline. I've tried talking him into it, but he's really stubborn about things like that. Ignoring Vaati/Four Sword the timeline is actually coming together quite quickly. I had this big gap in the middle labled 'TP?' and with info Bob gave me today, it actually seems to fit correctly. It helps to know that the timelines are planned in advance. The perfect example of this is the final part of the final boss fight in Link's Awakening. The bosses are enemies Link has fought before, and it turns out that the final one, Deathl, is ALMOST IDENTICAL TO VAATI. This really threw me for a loop the first time I player Fou Sword.

Maybe over the years Jabu-Jabu turned into Jabun. You know, like when the Kokiris turned into the Korokes or the the zoras into the rito.

I mean how many giant fish could there be?

Then again, we are talking about Zelda. Never mind.

Isn't Link in special clothes that can only be seen by 'honest people' and you see him in his pajamas? ooh we must not be 'honest people' lol

Special clothes? Honest people? What, is Link running around nude or something?! And he can only be seen by people that haven't sinned or something?!:confused:

You have a boat What is that related to in the past games...huh!

Yhea, he's in his pajamas when the game starts, and he gets the Hero's Clothes which are the classic green hat and tunic. The clothes can supposedly be seen only by honest people. The second play through, one of the extras is that the Hero's Clothes are invisible, because Link isn't honest. (The expression on his face as he tries to pust on clothes he can't see is priceless) No, he is not nude because he wears the Hero's Clothes over his pajamas the entire game.

How many of you guys have found the Gorons in Windwaker? Yes they're there, but they're hard to find. You have to sail around to find the merchants, who are on 3 different islands, and if you use the Deku Leaf on them, their hat will blow up, and for a second you'll see they're Gorons. Kind of a neat secret

Back