• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Extremely Controversial Ground Zero mosque

Lt_Justin

The Grand Admiral
Regardless of Freedom of religon, do you think that the Muslims should be able to build a Mosque on the site where the Twin Towers stood?

Personally I don't think that they should be allowed too, if the want one in the area fine but build it a block away not on the actual grounds.

I am sorry but the World Trade Center was destroyed by terrorists claiming that they were acting on the will of Allah. as such i really don't think it is right to permit a mosque to worship Allah on the grounds of the WTC it would be similar to putting a monument saying how "great" Hitler was in the middle of Auschwitz.

Just to clarify a few things. There is no intention to build a Mosque on the site of Ground Zero. The planned location for the Mosque is a few blocks down, although still in the general area.

This is a tough one for me. My church builds temples all over the world, which are sometimes, though not usually, opposed. In this sense, I can sympathize a bit with the Muslim community.

Nevertheless, although I support their right, I really think the builders should have some sense of sympathy. Although it is not legally nor practically wrong to build a Mosque near Ground Zero, it is, IMO, a moral wrong. In a sense, it's a slap to the face directed towards all the families who lost loved ones to an attack fueled under the guise of a "Holy War" against the Western "Infidels".

I don't really like the idea plain and simple. I have members of my family who were part of the NYPD, some of whom died on September 11th. It's just plain insensitive and wrong to build an Islamic Center near Ground Zero. They have 4 other boroughs of NY to pick from; don't put it in Manhattan!

Again I am all in favor of freedoms but it is highly insensitive to place one there and then claim that we are are hipocritcal over our freedoms when we speak against it

Personally, I think they should be allowed to build it where they have it planned. The reason that I say this is because it's not that they're building a mosque near ground zero, but really it's because people are scared of the muslim faith. An example is this. A group of muslims are trying to build a mosque in a small town in Tennessee. And whaddya know, people are protesting against it.

Back