• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Guitar Hero 3 (Wii)

Zerg006

Loftwing
Alright I'm doing this review for Guitar Hero 3. Now I know Mr. Cuddles did one, but it was very short, and didn't really hit onto any pros or cons of it. So this is an actual review of the game.

Gameplay-8/10 : It's Guitar Hero. Seriously, what more is there to say? You hit the colored frets while strumming the guitar at the same time. Easy right? Dead wrong. Even some songs on easy were giving me a hard time at some points. And don't even get me started on Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce. That song on easy has over 1000 notes. On easy! On expert it's over 3000! But it's still a fun game and it's easy to pick up. It's just that sometimes it doesn't register the note correctly, so you can kiss your note streak goodbye. Also they added Wi-Fi to it which is nice, and they changed multiplayer mode, for better or for worse. Now in multiplayer versus, instead of star power, you get battle power, which lets you hurt your opponents ability to play. No you don't physically punch them in the face. But you can unleash powers onto them such as Broken String, which makes one fret not work until they push it repeatedly, or Amp Overload, which makes their amp board shake and the notes flicker on and off.

Sound- 8/10 : The music is great in Guitar Hero 3. I just wish that they didn't get sound-alikes for some of the songs. I mean you cannot replace the voice of ZZ Top in La Grange. It just doesn't sound the same. However some of the songs do feature the actual artists, such as the Rolling Stones song, Paint it Black. The guitar sounds very nice, and I like how the game utilizes the built in speaker of the Wiimote to play the sound when you screw up a note.

Graphics- 7/10 : The graphics for your character is very good. Cut-scenes are done in a cartoon way, but are very funny to watch. However, the singer's chin is HUGE, the audience looks like N64 graphics, and the drummer looks like he's being FORCED to play the drums. Sometimes the drummer doesn't even look like he's hitting the drums, and is very staticy, in the fact that his motions aren't fluid at all. You can litterally see the 2 frames of his arm at the top of it's height, and hitting the drum, right next to each other. That's my only gripe with the graphics.

Control- 10/10 : The guitar that comes with the game is wireless. That's one plus right there. It uses the Wiimote to sense tilt to the guitar to activate your star/battle power. Another plus. Now you might be thinking, "But if it's in the guitar, does that mean I'm gonna have to take it out everytime I have to navigate the Wii menu to go to the game?" The answer: NO. The guitar has a built-in analog stick, so you can use that to maneuver around the Wii menu without having to take your Wiimote out of the guitar

Extras- 9/10 : There's quite a lot of stuff to unlock in this game. From new guitars, new skins for the guitars, songs, outfits, and characters, it will take you a LONG time to unlock everything. I just wish that everything didn't cost so much. One character costs about $10,000. You make only like $125 per performance in career mode. You do the math

Overall- 8/10 : If you like guitar hero, get this game. If you don't like guitar hero, well then don't get this game, cause it's not gonna make you like it. Overall though, it's a very good game, and I highly recommend that you go out and buy it. It's pretty costly though. Mine ran me back about $96, but factoring in that it came with the wireless guitar, it seems justified to me. I highly recommend you buy this game, despite it's price tag

Does anyone here who actually plays guitar have a review for it?

I heard it wasn't too fun if you knew how to play guitar, and I can imagine why.

Nice comic.

I think I'm gettin it for Christmas. A parcel from Gamestop came today that was flat and long and oddly the right size for GH III.

I want it too, but I have neither the money nor the time with which to buy/play it. Perhaps I can fit it in on February 11... OH WAIT!

That being said, a $90 price tag is a bit of a turn-off for someone like me who wants to get in to the series, but is hesitant to commit that much money.

"Slow Ride" – Foghat
"Talk Dirty to Me" – Poison
"Hit Me with Your Best Shot" – Pat Benatar
"Story of My Life" – Social Distortion
"Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss (Encore)
"Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
"School's Out" – Alice Cooper
"Sunshine of Your Love" – Cream
"Barracuda" – Heart
"Bulls on Parade" – Rage Against the Machine (Encore played with Tom Morello)
"When You Were Young" – The Killers
"Miss Murder" – AFI
"The Seeker" – The Who
"Lay Down" – Priestess
"Paint It Black" – The Rolling Stones
"Paranoid" – Black Sabbath
"Anarchy in the U.K." – Sex Pistols
"Kool Thing" – Sonic Youth
"My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer
"Even Flow" – Pearl Jam
"Holiday in Cambodia" – Dead Kennedys
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
"Same Old Song and Dance" – Aerosmith
"La Grange" – ZZ Top
"Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses
"Black Magic Woman" – Santana
"Cherub Rock" – The Smashing Pumpkins
"Black Sunshine" – White Zombie
"The Metal" – Tenacious D
"Pride and Joy" – Stevie Ray Vaughan
"Before I Forget" – Slipknot
"Stricken" – Disturbed
"3's & 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse
"Cult of Personality" – Living Colour
"Raining Blood" - Slayer
"Cliffs of Dover" – Eric Johnson
"The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
"One" – Metallica
"The Devil Went Down to Georgia" - Steve Ouimette

That should be all the songs I think. Well those are the career songs

These ones are the bonus songs

"Avalancha" – Héroes del Silencio
"Can't Be Saved" – Senses Fail
"Closer" – Lacuna Coil
"Don't Hold Back" – The Sleeping
"Down 'N Dirty" – LA Slum Lords
"F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X." – The Fall of Troy
"Generation Rock" – revolverheld
"Go That Far" – Bret Michaels Band
"Hier Kommt Alex" – Die Toten Hosen
"I'm in the Band" – The Hellacopters
"Impulse" - An Endless Sporadic
"In the Belly of a Shark" – Gallows
"In Love" – Scouts of St. Sebastian
"Mauvais Garçon" – Naast
"Metal Heavy Lady" – Lions
"Minus Celsius" – Backyard Babies
"My Curse" – Killswitch Engage
"Nothing for Me Here" – Dope
"Prayer of the Refugee" – Rise Against
"Radio Song" – Superbus
"Ruby" – Kaiser Chiefs
"She Bangs the Drums" – The Stone Roses
"Take This Life" – In Flames
"The Way It Ends" – Prototype
"Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce

Man, they should sooo have some Nirvan or Led in there.
Definately, when you think legends you think Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd.

School's Out is so over rated, they need Poison and Frankenstein if they want Alice Cooper.

Needs more Kiss.

Needs more Stones.

Needs more Clapton.

Needs more Aerosmith.

For someone who likes all the popular stuff it looks like a pretty good song list.

Those aren't really main stream populare Yoyolll. But seriously, weren't they going to use Linkin Park? Dang. This sucks. Even if they DO have Lacuna Coil.

i played it at a friends house and i thought it was ok. guitar hero two had to be the best guitar hero out so far

Back