• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

How much work is too much??

Linkman

Loftwing
I'm curious what you all think. How much work is to much? What I mean by work is - what is the maximum amount of time you are willing to dedicate to things like school, your job, things like that before something has to give.

I recently came to a point where I had to make the difficult decision to quit of one my jobs because I never had time for school. In the long term, the extra income wasn't going to mean much (I get paid more at my other job), but something had to give. But, what about all of you? When is it all too much?

I mean, for me, it depends. If something is going to cause a huge issue in my life so far as time, I need to think long and hard before I commit to it.

Two jobs, yikes!

Work is too much when it gets to a point where you don't need it, but you keep going. My Mom works two jobs (one full-time and the other anywhere from 8 to 30 hours per week), and I work a summer job to help pay for gas money and car insurance because even after all of that, it's not enough to pay all of the bills. You gotta do what you gotta do in order to survive, so "too much" is just relative to make it through.

Someone really wise once told me this, take it as you see fit. You have a job to live, not live to do your job. If your job becomes your life, and you ignore your home, family, friends, then you are doing it wrong. If you can find a way to make your job a part of your life without complicating things, then kudos:]

Well, I guess if there's any good news I'm not in as stressful of a situation anymore :cool:.

Thank you so much for your words everyone!

In life, you must always come across life-changing decisions. Work, marriage, school, family, etc. Having two jobs, you're soon going to realize that something will have to change. Whether you decide to keep both jobs or get rid of one to dedicate your time to something else, it truly depends on what life has in store for you.

For me?? I have a full-time job. I'm a post-graduate (entering my Doctorate Programs), still in school. I have a love life that's been getting more serious as the days go on by. There' soo much that goes in my daily life, that there were plenty of times that I had to decide on changing many things. There was a time that I had two jobs, school, and more. However, trying to make sure that I graduate on time, I had to decide on what needed to be done. I ended up leaving one of the jobs, because I needed the extra time. I was able to use that extra time to making sure that I don't fall behind in my classes and graduating my Master's Programs on time.

However, having extra time definitely has downfalls. After you create extra time, you soon find yourself searching for things to fill up that time. It honestly all comes down to whether the decision to change your situation is going to either benefit you or work against you.

~The Great Sage, ZeldaGuardian~

Back