• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Hyrule Warriors Legends Impression after first weekend

Lt_Justin

The Grand Admiral
I am horrible at writing actual reviews, so instead I giving my feelings on the game after a few hours of play.

Well despite an age old rule I have stating that anything that adds the name Legends to it's name(not counting the old Star Wars EU) must be garbage, the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors plays wonderfully the dual screen are great for commanding my minions while my chosen hero kicks arse. The controls are very efficient and feel natural a lot better than Twilight Princess felt on the Wii. I was pleasantly surprised that included in the game's case was a code to get the extra characters for the Wii U version, which since I don't have a Wii U i gave to the Webmaster as an Easter Gift. I look forward to unlocking more characters as I go on including the King, and Linkle (thought I would have named her Linkette)

All told this is a wonderful version of Hyrule Warriors especially for people that only have a 3DS. However if I had already owned this title for the Wii U I am uncertain if i would have purchased this version.

I was in the same boat, @Lt_Justin... I was thinking the same thing. I first thought that it would just be an expansion of some sorts. However, when I was playing Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U and I decided to get this version, the dual screen purpose is much more useful. I wish the Wii U version was like that, using the Wii U Game-Pad for commanding your troops, while you beat down everyone else on the TV. I haven't unlocked them yet either, but I will do my best to try and unlock them. For some reason, I always had a bit of trouble unlocking weapons and characters in the Wii U version. I haven't had much trouble yet, but hopefully it stays that way.

Just started playing Legends. I love the touch screen controls!!! That said, I do miss seeing the game on a larger screen. @Lt_Justin, do you have plans to get the WiiU version at some point?

I thought the touch screen controls was a definite plus when I was playing through. But me personally, I prefer to play it on the Wii U. @Linkman, I happen to have it also on the Wii U. How are along are you on the game??

Back