• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

IGN's Animal Crossing predictions

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
We haven't heard much about Animal Crossing for the Wii, and even though this isn't official news, it is good stuff. The article is here and is rather interesting. I like the idea of the arcade myself. Nintendo could put old arcade games like Donkey Kong and Mario Bros in it.

I like the ideas. Doing the motions for digging and stuff sounds pretty cool. Also, it's probably very likely that we'll see something with the Miis as well.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed on the 25-26. That's when the Tokyo Game Show is happening, and that's also when Nintendo revealed the Wiimote (or was that GDC?), so we might (hopefully) be hearing stuff about Animal Crossing. I'm expecting good things out of it after what I saw with Metroid, Zelda, and Mario (Paper version, that is).

I'm personally hopeing a lot more things are interactive. Like if you have a computer, you can go onto the internet channel, or they sell game systems and depending on what system and VC games you have, you can play your VC games on them. Also I hope the ping-pong and pool tables are both interactive, so you can play games with you friends.

Edit: I also found some interesting things that say they are working on it, and may have some sort of playable version in their office.

• On pages 28 and 29 of the Wii Operations Manual (Channels and Settings) they show the message board with somesort of Animal Crossing message on it

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl will have Smashville, the pitfall, and Mr. Resetti as an assist trophy (everyone knows that)

• WarioWare Smooth Moves for the Wii has an Animal Crossing based fishing mini game (again, a lot of people know that)

I'm just pointing this all out to show that they are indeed working on it, and they might as well hurry up and announce something about it.

Ah, yes, the MMO article. I think it would be an interesting concept, but I would kinda like it to be something like a city place that you can visit where everybody interacts. Or some sort of community lot thing. Whatever it is, I hope that they have an arcade and/or sports arena things so that you could actually play with your friends instead of just talking and playing hide and seek with the timer. From there you can invite people to your town and all.

Back