• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Internet Browser

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I was wondering with the internet browser's memory expansion thing that plugs into the GBA slot does it work with other things like the N64 memory expansion did? Like if I was playing Phantom Hourglass and had the memory pack in there, would it run smoother? Or would it not matter?

I don't know the specifics of the product, although to my knowledge it would not make a difference. It would probably be like trying to put more than 4 gigs of ram into a Vista 32 bit machine. Windows will see it's there, but it will not have a clue on how to utilize it.

Of course, I would not worry about speed. The one advantage of cartridges is that all the game information is already stored in the same device used to determine everything that happens on screen, hence little if anything to load and faster games. ;) Of course, the processor ultimately determines speed, which is why we see the wonders of slowdowns enter our lives.

Okay, thanks. I was just wondering that because of two things:
  1. I didn't want to have slow gameplay on future games (basically wanted the best gameplay with PH)
  2. I had (still have it actually) an N64 that has the upgraded memory and even the games that didn't need it seemed to run better once I put it in there, and I didn't know if it was the same with this peripheral.

Back