• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Extremely Controversial Iraq War

Should the US leave Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Not true...

1. America is not mighty, we are actually not liked many places in case you didn't know that.

2. We have support from many countries as well, it's not only us fighting..

3. When we are saving a country.. we most likely are there with armaments.. Who would come out from under rock to stand up to an AK-47?

Not true...

1. America is not mighty, we are actually not liked many places in case you didn't know that.

2. We have support from many countries as well, it's not only us fighting..

3. When we are saving a country.. we most likely are there with armaments.. Who would come out from under rock to stand up to an AK-47?
1. America is actually actively disliked in many places.
2. They have support but lack too much involvement.
3. "Saving a country" usually involves destroying it first which is why the people don't want you to "save them".

I'm sorry. Did my rant offend you all? The point of it was, our country fights to save, and gets crap. Good intentions are going unnoticed, and no good deed is going unpunished. Wicked wasn't as off as you'd think...

But our point is, we aren't saving diddly.. We are hated and our supporters don't like us much either -.-

And in the process of "saving", the country dies.. Are we in fact doing that right thing?

Good intentions are going unnoticed,

At least we're trying to.

Good intentions aren't worth much when you look at the reality of the situation. Regardless of how good and pure and heroic the intentions and rationals behind the attack were, the fact is that the country is in a much worse state as a result of our actions, and the people there have every right to be angry at us for making their lives worse.

Well maybe if we SUPPORTED OUR OWN COUNTRY MORE, we'd be able to more effectively get things done.
Unfortunately, patriotism is an effective substitute for neither money, nor armor, nor bullets, nor political stability. If only it was...... we'd all be speaking German.

If a country is united, more will get accomplished.
Allow me to be less subtle: my allusion to WWII and Nazi Germany was intended to show the dangers of consensus in addition to the more obvious point, as a lack of additional viewpoints leaves only one biased perspective. Neither the Republicans nor Democrats, communists nor capitalists, atheists nor theists are always right. Galvanization of an entire population into a specific goal leaves none to question the worth of said goal, and tragic mistakes can and will ensue.

Back