• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Is it time??

What should WebmasterBob do with Zelda Sages??

• Take it down for his personal use

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let it remain online

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Gather all the people he can and rally behind ZS to bring back to life

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, still no reply. I'm gonna message him again to see if he can let me know what he thinks. Don't worry, our @webmasterbob is still out there. And we will find him.

Hi all!!!

I sent a private conversation to @ZeldaGuardian about a week ago promising a response - so here is said response!

Yo your points, particularly @Link and Navi 's, the Zelda community as a whole hasn't seen much action in recent years since the launch of the WiiU. Coincidentally, through a combination of becoming a "real person" and graduate school, I've lost a lot of free time.

Justin is correct, I've gone back and forth on closing the door for a while. The onset of Facebook, frankly, was the thing that really started to kill us. That, combined with volunteer staff that weren't...volunteering, it was difficult to sustain the site. Effectively, I've come by to apply security upgrades and things of the sort to prevent spam bots, but I haven't put much else into Zelda Sages for the last few years..

If enough people want to change that though, I'm willing to give it another shot. I'll need to come up with a slightly altered design, and transition the site to a new CMS, but I'm willing to do it. However, there are a lot of things that would need to happen:
  • I'd need staff that really do the job they say they are going to do. I had great success with Dane, who was phenomenal getting this style together from the graphic side, but not really anyone else.
  • Once things are more together, we'd need to advertise.
  • I'd need to take more of a technical/oversight role as the webmaster, paying the bills and fixing things / making some higher-level decisions, producing some content here and there, rather than running things day-to-day. I work in a global role for a large multinational bank, and time is at a serious premium. This is how it is with most webmasters anyway, but we never really got to that point here.
  • I know this will be the second time I've mentioned staff, but I'd need a strong writing and guide staff. With enough strong staff, everyone may only need to publish something once or twice a month and drive community participation.
Do you all have ideas on how we could accomplish these things? Let me know - I'm all ears. I'll have a bit of time later this year to really get set on a transition, so planning time is definitely around now :). Well, and Breath of the Wild will be coming out soon!

I am definitely in on helping get Zelda Sages back online. Now, I know I'm taking the BIGGEST risk in asking of this, but I'm willing to cast my name into the hat of the Writing and Guide Staff. I know my past of this happening WILL be called into question, and I'm ready for that to happen. As for a dedicated staff, you have Me and @Link and Navi to at least rely on. @Link and Navi is a good artist, maybe he help with the graphics dept. Let's sit down together and talk some more ideas together. I'm always available, via Skype and on Zelda Sages. I also have another form of chatting, if you want to use it too.

Honestly, I'm extremely happy to see that you're willing to give this another shot. I can also record Walkthrough videos as well. If you want to discuss more ideas, PM me @webmasterbob and let's hash out ideas. I can't wait to hear what you have planned.

I will try to be more active on here, but I am not sure if I can ask for more responsibility on here at this time. I tend to get caought up in my own life and don't often remember this site, I have recently started a youtube channel about history and have found that Research filming and editing is eating up a lot of my time I love this site and will always do my best for it but between school work and youtube whatever remaining free time is then divided up between Family and gaming. I might have more free time in a few months that I can give to this site. Until then I will do my best to keep this site functioning.

Yeah, we all get caught up in our own lives, Justin. But just coming back and seeing how things are going (even if it's a brief moment), shows that you haven't forgotten about ZS. Honestly, there was a time that I had completely forgotten about this site for a few years... I came across it because I was rummaging through my old computer and I had found this site saved as a Bookmark. I'm glad to be back on Zelda Sages. This place was honestly the only place I felt more calm and myself. I just needed to clear the air about some things that my Teenage self had said.

You have a YouTube Channel?? You must send me the link so I can check it out and Subscribe. I'm running my own channel as well. It's: http://www.youtube.com/ZeldaGuardian. I do Let's Plays on a large variety of games. Currently, I have a only three game series up there. But I am still recording and I have a huge list of games I will record, edit, and upload online. It'lll be good to have the old gang back online again, plus all the new recruits.

Back