• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Is Obama a US born citizen?

Capt. Zeroth

Loftwing
I bring this up here only because Lt. Justin mentioned in the Health Care Bill thread, and I don't want to derail that topic.

Ok, so word on the street is that President Obama wasn't actually born in the United States!!!!!!!!!!! OMG WHELL LETS SEE WHUTS UP WIT THIS?

Ok, well lets look at the primary source of evidence:

[sort of big]
birth_certificate_3.jpg

Hmm... Odd. It seems the birth certificate is in order- WAIT SOME INTERNET GUYS SAID THAT ITS ALTERED OMG AND NOT CONSISTENT WITH OTHER CERTIFICATES!!!!!!!

"Where is the embossed seal and the registrar's signature?
Comparing it to other Hawaii birth certificates, the color shade is different.
Isn't the date stamp bleeding through the back of the document "June 2007?" (Odd since it was supposedly released in June 2008.)
There's no crease from being folded and mailed.
It's clearly Photoshopped and a wholesale fraud."

So ignoring the complete ******* absurdity of this claim,
The Hawaii Department of Health receives about a dozen e-mail inquiries a day about Obama's birth certificate, spokesman Okubo said.
"I guess the big issue that's being raised is the lack of an embossed seal and a signature," Okubo said, pointing out that in Hawaii, both those things are on the back of the document. "Because they scanned the front … you wouldn't see those things."
Okubo says she got a copy of her own birth certificate last year and it is identical to the Obama one we received.
And about the copy we e-mailed her for verification? "When we looked at that image you guys sent us, our registrar, he thought he could see pieces of the embossed image through it."
Still, she acknowledges: "I don't know that it's possible for us to even say beyond a doubt what the image on the site represents."
[big photos]
birthann.jpg

birth_certificate_9.jpg

birth_certificate_1.jpg

birth_certificate_5.jpg
All quotes and images from http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/ or http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Now shut the **** up

[edit] Also, could a mod close this thread? Because I just started and finished the argument.

Now shut the **** up

[edit] Also, could a mod close this thread? Because I just started and finished the argument.
Kudos.

You'd think so, but no. I'm sure one of the many internet roaming republicans out there will say something about this. And when the thread is open, it allows us to have fun with them!

Kudos.

You'd think so, but no. I'm sure one of the many internet roaming republicans out there will say something about this. And when the thread is open, it allows us to have fun with them!

He asked to have it closed, so I'll close it. Zeroth, if you change your mind, just send me or any other mod a PM.

Yeah, that was just me being awesome.

But I'd like to destroy anyone who challenges me, so lets keep the thread open.

Back