• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Kingdom Hearts

Which spells in KH are your favorites?

• Total voters

UltimaLink007

Hope Never Dies
Kingdom Hearts Review
By: UltimaLink007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always wanted to do a KH1 and KH2 review, and here is the first, now that I've just about beaten the game...alright, here it goes...

Story - 10/10: This game is a large mix, combining Disney characters and elements, to Final Fantasy characters and elements, to form an original story, which is one of the best stories I have ever seen in a videogame. You play as Sora, a 14 year old boy without a care in the world, who lives on an island with his 2 best friends, Riku and Kairi. They build a raft to explore the outside world, but that dream is short-lived, when darkness swallows their home, and the three are spat out into different worlds... This is the beginning to kingdom hearts. You eventually meet up with Donald and Goofy, who were ordered to find you by their 'king'. Then your adventure throughout many worlds begins.....

Sound/Voice Acting - 9.5/10: The sound in this game is absolutely phenomenal. For each world, there is a different music, and each is splendidly done. Each different music changes to a grimmer, more fast-paced whenever you are in combat with a boss, or heartless, etc. The music is an original orchestral score, re-doing many classic disney songs such as Under the Sea, or This is Halloween. I loved it so much that I got the soundtrack. The best music is the opening, where it has a remix of Utada Hikaru's Simple and Clean. The voice acting is alright, though Sora doesn't sound 14... he sounds more like 11... Most of the voice acting sounds a lot like the original characters, which is always a good thing.

Graphics - 8.5/10: These graphics show off the better parts of the PS2, as they are really great, and fun to look at. The space graphics are great, as well as the backgrounds of the worlds. I like when you heal yourself with curaga, because it looks like a huge green flower just blooms right out of your head. Also, the different gummi ships look great too. The cutscenes, especially the opening cutscene, look graphically amazing, and are enjoyable to watch. The only graphics complaint is a pretty big one though. Sometimes, the game can get so dark, I have no idea where I am, so I get lost once in a while. Like in the secret place. It was so dark, that I kept on leaving the cave by accident, rather than getting to the end of it to get the stupid mushroom...Otherwise, no real problems.

Gameplay - 10/10: The gameplay invovled in Kingdom hearts is somewhat like a freer version of final fantasy, as in you run around battling, but it isn't turn based, and the battles just pop up, as opposed to the game being stopped, the battle beginning, and then a little victory dance after you own the enemy. You also have physical attacks, magic attacks, summons, special combos, etc. and you have your abilities, stats, Magic meter, health meter, magic shortcuts, to aid you in battle. Items are plentiful, and help you in battle. Besides the normal battles and boss battles, there are many things to do. There are multitudes of mini-games to compete in, as well as the synthesis workshop, where you can synthesize your own items, accessories, and 'weapon' from ingredients you get by defeating the heartless. It's also fun trying out different abilities on things, and customizing your gummiship is amazing, with nearly endless amounts of possibilities to build with. Flying the gummiship is lots of fun too, just shooting down everything you see... it's nice. A few of the bosses are annoying, but aren't too hard, except for that stupid dragon...lol There are a few Secret bosses, including: The dark clocktower Phantom, the gargantuan Ice Titan, the ...well..... Kurt Zisa, and the most infamous villian of all-time, the one-winged angel and master swordsman.......SEPHIROTH!!! With fun battles, and tons and tons of extras, the gameplay is easily a 10.

Game Length - 9/10: This game is a good length, and has many worlds with extraordinary amounts of extras and places to find explore, and battle in. Though this game is nice and long, I wish it would be longer, because it is just that fun... Maybe a little more length added to each world wouldn't hurt either...

Replay Value - 10/10: Because there are so many extras and secrets, and things exist in this game, KH1 never gets old, so it is fun to play it over and over, to see how fast you can beat it, and to see if you can unlock everything. This game is addicting, which also draws people back to it to play more of it, until they stop...then go back again to playing it.

Overall - 9.5/10: This game features amazing music, as well as awesome gameplay and mountains upon mountains of extras, and an original story that will draw you in: Hook, line, and sinker. Kingdom Hearts is easily still one of the best PS2 games to this day and is one of the greatest games of all time in my book.

Wow. You've gotten a lot better at writing reviews. >>
The KH series is one of my favorite "PS2 gen" games, and I feel you've done it justice in this review.

Keep up the good work!:D

WOW! Thanks for all the compliments! well, I am about to go to the last place
End of ze vorld
But I can't find a desperately needed aero upgrade. I know one is from the 99 dalmatians, but where is the other? It is annoying.....

I just started playing this game yesterday :D

I like it... I got to the end of day 4 and I stopped... i dunno when ill find time to start playing again... it's a long game ^_^

Day 4 ... I think you mean you were playing KH2. There are no "Days" in KH1.

Anyway, good job.

Yeah it is... I will have my version of a KH2 review up this weekend if you want to comment on it there. And I finally found the aero upgrade! YAY!

Back