• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Mafia

Capt. Zeroth

Loftwing
KilGrey said:
FAQs:

Q: What the hell is Mafia?
A: Mafia is a game that can be played in a group or online in which a group of townsfolk (the good guys) try to discover and root out the Mafia menace hiding among them.

Q: How is Mafia played?
A: A game of Mafia alternates between day and night cycles. During the day the town (along with the Mafia pretending to be townspeople) vote by majority to lynch someone, hoping to kill the Mafia members in this fashion. During the night discussion is halted and the Mafia choose someone to kill. After this the next day begins and the game continues until either the Mafia have control of the town or the townspeople have killed every Mafia member. More detailed rules can be found below.

Q: Man you sure suck at explaining this, isn’t there an online tutorial I can check out?
A: Sure! This site has a list of cool roles (most of which will not appear in this game since it’s a more standard introduction game) along with a neat tutorial!

http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf

Ok, we're going to skip the story and plot and just try a standard game of mafia!

To join this game simply post here to reserve a spot. Once we have enough people I will PM you your roles.

Now on with the game! I'm hoping for at least 7 people, and 6 at the least.

There will be 2 Mafia and 5 Townies. In the Townies, there will be 1 cop.

This game will be simple, and I'm just hoping to wet your feet to a complicated game.

Just as a reminder, if any townies talk during the night phase, you will be mod-killed.

Players so far (7/7):
Ultimalink007
Yoyolll
Slyguy46
i am a teddy
ides of march
pandabear
targelion

There will be the following roles in this game:
3 Villagers: Vote to kill a suspect every day phase. Win if all Mafia are dead.
1 Cop: Investigates one person each night to reveal their role. Sided with Village.
1 Doctor: Protects one person each night from the Mafia. Sided with Village
2 Mafia: Vote to kill a villager every night phase. Vote as a villager during the day phase. Win if Mafia outnumber town.

----------------------------------------
READ THIS

A few rules for the DAY:

• There is NO POST EDITING!!! You will be killed on the spot by me if you edit your posts. This is crucial for the Village to see any Mafia slips.
  • To vote in the Day, put "##vote: <NAME>" in bold! Votes will not be counted unless they are in that format.
  • To remove a vote, say "##unvote" in bold!
  • There must be a majority vote to lynch a player. That means that we need 4/7 of the people voted on one person to kill on day 1.
  • If you use a special ability at night, DO NOT post the PM you received from me with the results of your actions. You will be killed by me.
  • DO NOT EVER SPEAK OUTSIDE OF THE GAME ABOUT THE GAME AND YOUR ROLES. MAFIA: DURING THE DAY, DO NOT SPEAK OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD ABOUT THE GAME. VILLAGERS: DO NOT SPEAK OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD ABOUT THE GAME EVER.
Noob tips for DAY 1: (recommendations)

• Don't say you are Mafia >.<
  • Don't come out and say your special role unless you think it will benefit the town. You will be the Mafia's first target.
  • Don't lurk. You should stay in the conversations to avoid being suspicious.
Tell me if I forgot anything.

Roles are picked randomly using www.random.org

No, I tried to get it going but no one would join. I know ultimalink has played this game over AIM before and he likes it, so join damnit so we can have fun on these forums for once.

I've played this game before at parties and at summer camp. It doesn't need to be done over the internet. However, this is a website, so...

If there's still any space, I'd like to join.

=]

Yay! ^.^

We need at least 1 more person! 2 would be desired, though!

Oh, and just for clarification, this game should last a few days. Being as im sure everyone has their own schedules, phases will probably last 24 hours or more!

Count me in, say. You always need more members of mafia, say.
What have I done to be treated with such disrespect? I've always been your friend and have you ever been mine? Have you ever invited me over your house to drink tea with you and your wife? I understand, I am a man of power, and you're afraid to get involved in these things. Listen, I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse...

Some day, and that day may never come, I may call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day take this as a gift.

Why not? He's got men, we've got men. He's got guns, we've got guns. Listen, you give me 50 dollars each, and I'll reason with him. I'll make him an offer he can't refuse...

So the next day my father came back, except this time he had Luca Brasi with him. He made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Luca put a gun to his head and my dad assured him that either his signature or his brains would be on that contract.

I suppose I'll play. Make sure slyguy gets lynched.

YAY! It's nice to know that you like me so much, teddy.

What have I done to be treated with such disrespect? I've always been your friend and have you ever been mine? Have you ever invited me over your house to drink tea with you and your wife? I understand, I am a man of power, and you're afraid to get involved in these things. Listen, I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse...

Some day, and that day may never come, I may call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day take this as a gift.

Why not? He's got men, we've got men. He's got guns, we've got guns. Listen, you give me 50 dollars each, and I'll reason with him. I'll make him an offer he can't refuse...

So the next day my father came back, except this time he had Luca Brasi with him. He made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Luca put a gun to his head and my dad assured him that either his signature or his brains would be on that contract.

Now listen here, say. That was pretty cool of you, say. But it had no relevance, say. But seeing as we're on the topic, say, keep it up.

say.

Nice, we have enough! You will be PM's your roles and the game will start tomorrow. Ill walk you through the first day phase.

There will be the following roles in this game:
3 Villagers: Vote to kill a suspect every day phase. Win if all Mafia are dead.
1 Cop: Investigates one person each night to reveal their role. Sided with Village.
1 Doctor: Protects one person each night from the Mafia. Sided with Village
2 Mafia: Vote to kill a villager every night phase. Vote as a villager during the day phase. Win if Mafia outnumber town.

READ THIS

A few rules for the DAY:

• There is NO POST EDITING!!! You will be killed on the spot by me if you edit your posts. This is crucial for the Village to see any Mafia slips.
  • To vote in the Day, put "##vote: <NAME>" in bold! Votes will not be counted unless they are in that format.
  • To remove a vote, say "##unvote" in bold!
  • There must be a majority vote to lynch a player. That means that we need 4/7 of the people voted on one person to kill on day 1.
  • If you use a special ability at night, DO NOT post the PM you received from me with the results of your actions. You will be killed by me.
  • DO NOT EVER SPEAK OUTSIDE OF THE GAME ABOUT THE GAME AND YOUR ROLES. MAFIA: DURING THE DAY, DO NOT SPEAK OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD ABOUT THE GAME. VILLAGERS: DO NOT SPEAK OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD ABOUT THE GAME EVER.
Noob tips for DAY 1: (recommendations)

• Don't say you are Mafia >.<
  • Don't come out and say your special role unless you think it will benefit the town. You will be the Mafia's first target.
  • Don't lurk. You should stay in the conversations to avoid being suspicious.
Tell me if I forgot anything.

Roles are picked randomly using www.random.org
Roles have been chosen and sent. Please read the next post.

DAY 1
...will begin when everyone sends me a PM to confirm they got their roles. Please include your role in your PM just to make sure I got it right. Please read my previous post for rules on day 1!

DAY 1 WILL LAST ≥ 24 HRS. Depending on how well conversation is.

Dont post in this thread until I say Day 1 has begun.

I have received confirmations from:
UltimaLink007
Yoyolll
I am a teddy
Ides of march
targelion
pandabear

Im still waiting for some confirmations. -.-
You must be active if you want to play this game.

Im waiting for Slyguy46.

Well slyguy's probably taking a bit long trying to completely saturate his response with "say".

Back