• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

*major spoilers* PH's Ending VS WW's Ending

How do these two game endings compare?

• Wind Waker's was better

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Phantom Hourglass' was better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Tie, for one reason or another

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Linkman

Loftwing
As Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequal to Wind Waker, I thought it may be fun to compare the endings. Which ending did you think was better, Phantom Hourglass' or Wind Waker's? Either that, or were they a tie ;).

In my own opinion, I thought it was a bit of a tie. The ending to Wind Waker made me cry, so I had to give it points in that respect. Phantom Hourglass' ending felt more satisfying though becuase you were not left with this sadness nor a feeling of incompletion as you were in Wind Waker.

So, what do you guys think?

I only read about the ending of WW since I was halfway through the triforce hunt when my GCN deleted part of my file, but I liked what I read. In PH, the ending made the beginning seem much more confusing than it was, and it was just a wierd ending to me...

I thought it was a trade-off either way. The PH ending reminded me a great deal of the LA ending, where it may have all been a dream. Of course, PH confirmed that reality of it not truly being a dream, but it was interesting to see that type of story come back again.

Don't feel bad about crying over the WW ending Linkman, I did to :D.

Meh, I really didn't think the ending of PH was that good, but I've never really played WW, so I don't know.

Both were decent, but both made me cry. When the King of Hyrule "dies" at the end when the flooding was finished. Phantom Hourglass was also sad when Celia leaves Link... :(

i think ww ending was better it was just amazing also when link goes up and stabs ganon in the head but the end was kinda sad.

Thy would be tied for me because I just don't like how they end the game on that note. Idk why, that's how I feel.

I thought WW's ending was one of the best of the series. But PH's ending had that sense that everything you did for the entire game was just a huge waste of time, just like how the ending of LA made me feel.

That was the same problem I had with LA's ending. You take the bother to help wake the wind fish by going into this dungeons and getting all these instruments, and then you complete the impossible trading sequence to get the magnifying glass so you can read the book and find the directions to get through the wind fish's egg. Then you defeat the nightmare and finally awaken the wind fish (which is more like a whale) and you wake up right where the opening scene left you off! I was so mad!

Back