• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Make your own Wii accessory

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I realize people can't actually make Wii accessories, but let's just brainstorm what Nintendo and other companies would be able to make for the Wii. Anything from controller add-ons to USB things will work.

My idea is a hard drive/ DVD drive combo. It would plug into both USB ports to increase speed, but would have two ports on it itself so you could have other things plugged into your Wii at the same time. The firmware update for it would turn blank SD cards into extra ram for faster load times. The DVD drive would not only be useful for watching movies, but also for two disk games (that would be a huge game...) and if a game uses stuff from a GameCube game (think Animal Crossing using a retro catalog...). The harddrive would be good for VC games, downloadable content, save files and WiiWare games that needed extra space.

What about your fantasy add-ons/accessories?

A wireless keyboard for typing on the wii...That would be nice...
Ditto.

I'd also like to see an Extended Wii-mote for use in Sword Fighting Games, such as Soul Calibur (One that I could fit two hands around, Soul Edge, but at the same time use one hand for shorter weapons).

Interesting. I would also like to see wireless Nunchuks and Classic controllers.

Oh, and a bit of off-topic info: You can use USB keyboards for the message board, just not the Internet Channel yet. That came with V 3.0.

Back