• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Mario Strikers Charged

animaldude

Sage in Training
logo-mario-strikers.jpg

Mario and the rest of the guys from the mushroom kingdom come together in the sequel to the gamecube soccer game, Super Mario Strikers.

Well it's hard to call this game a soccer game, but apparently that's what it is. In this game you choose a captain and three sidekicks; each with their own stats and abilities. Before playing a game you're going to have to pick a good team and it's important to balance the different players stats. You can choose from these captains:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Waluigi
Peach
Daisy
Bowser
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Boswer Jr.
Petey Piranha
And these sidekicks:
Koopa
Hammer BRos.
Dry Bones
Shy Guy
Toad
Birdo
Montey Mole
Boo

Again, some are fast, some are slow, some are good passers, some are good shooters- you're gonna wanna balance it out.

The menu options are these (I'll go through them and explain them):

Domination Mode- (Basically a quick play)
Road to Striker Cup- Single player mode... you win cups, you unlock players and stadiums to be used in domination mode
Missions- Missions
Wi-Fi Connection- Online play

And here are the scores:

Graphics- The first sign that this game has great graphics is the opening scene that plays when you boot up the software. It looks amazing. Also, the cut-scenes that occur after you score or before a megastrike occurs are good too and are always changing so they don't always look the same (Exp: If Mario scores then sometime you see him cheering and sometimes you see the opposing captain or sidekicks crying) The effects look great, the crowds don't look like every other person is the same person, and it runs at a quick pace. A clean and crisp look. One of the best on the Wii. I'd have to say it's in my top 5 of best looking Wii games. Occasional lag online can get annoying but I cured it by rebooting my router :) Make sure to only accept four-star connections though (You'll see if you get the game)
9.5/10

Sound- The character cries never really get old and the crowd chanting players names and cheering sounds great. Sound effects go well with visual effects. My favorite part of the sound is the great fast paced music that plays either when they show cutscenes or when a character uses their special moves. It goes well with the game.
8.5/10

Game-play- Single player is alright but where this game excels is multi-player. That's why it was an important thing to include online in this game or I would have to knock the score down A LOT. The multi-player is addictive and as long as your Nintendo Wi-Fi is working it's worth getting this game just for gameplay. Of course if you have siblings that are somewhat of a challenge or you invite friends over then that works too.
8.5/10

Online- This is the second game for the Wii to have online play so I believe it deserves to be scored on it... It can be laggy for some people but for those who have it working without lag it's amazing. The set up is simple and it always displays the person who has the most points for the day on the main wifi page. (you get points by winning)
8/10

Length- Online makes this game's length almost endless... But without a great single player mode I can only give this game a
9/10

Overall- An excellent game easily the best multi-player game out for the system to date and will probably stay that way until Brawl is released. A great addition to your Wii library.
8.5/10

I didn't go much into detail about how to play the game in this review so you'll have to find out for yourself.

PICTURE TIME:
mario-strikers-charged-20060824014015051.jpg

mario-strikers_wii.jpg

Back