• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Medeival Total War (yes the first one) People with old computers, I can relate.

yoyolll

Conspiracy Theorist
I play the old one because my computer is O-L-D. It's 4 years old and didn't even have the up-to-date technology back then. But the point is, this game is still extremely fun, it's dependent upon tactics and not the number of soldiers you have (which is what most strategy games are based on).

Also, please feel free to insult the game, just go right ahead...

Umm ... you didn't even go into detail about what this thread is about. Pleaz expand.

Yeah, but I can't even tell what the game is basically about. Could you pleaz say a little more about it?

You've never heard of the Total War series? What kind of geek website is this (no offense)? The Total War series are the creators most accurate and strategic war games. They were so accurate they've been used many times by the History channel and educational programs to show how certain battles went. Medeival Total War was one of the oldest Total War games but, in my opinion, one of the best. During many battles, I was heavily outnumbered (one was 3000 to 420) and these battles could be easily won if you incorporated the right tactics. For example, you can defeat hundreds of enemy soldiers easily just by attacking a flank. Also, the game was realistic because they included the fear factor. If a certain type of soldier was outnumbered he might run away. But other soldiers who were taken from their parents and trained from childhood will fight to the death. The infos about these soldier types are included in the "information page" which are also accurate.

This game is sold for 10 to 20 dollars so it's a bargain and works on very old computers.

I've played some of the Total War series (particuarlly Rome: Total War) and it is a very finely tuned system.

You see, the "Age of..." series mostly depends on how many soldiers you have. Also, you create each soldier individually and you can only have so many of them. In Medieval, one unit of soldier can be as many as 200 or as little as 10. Every soldier has his own health and dies when he takes a certain amount of hits so it's the battles of Age of Empires combined with the strategy of chess.

Back