• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

MP3 possiblities?

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
So I was playing the first MP, and I started thinking up a few possibilities for extra stuff in MP3:
  • Something special for having Metroid and Super Metroid downloaded (Both are launching within the next couple of weeks)
  • Something special for having a GCN memory card with MP/MP2 on it plugged in
  • They mentioned it using the WiiConnect24, although it won't have multiplayer, so maybe downloadable suits, quests, maps, etc. Maybe multiplayer later on...
Now bear in mind that these are just ideas, I'm not saying any of this is true (most likely not). I just like to throw ideas like this around, so please nobody say "you're stupid, none of this is ever gonna happen". I have read on IGN about the Wiiconnect24, so that is most likely true (not what I said to be able to download).

So what do you guys think might happen, or want to see happen?

MP2 had multiplayer, although it wasn't very good. I'm a bit disappointed they won't be including multiplayer in 3, seeing as the controls are far superior to the previous. Of course, it looks as if Retro spent far more time polishing the game in response, so a great game is what I'm really after.

What would be awesome are weapon stack upgrades, like just fun upgrades. For those of you who don' know, MP3 will be using the weapon stack system used in Super Metroid *my personal favorite SNES game* and Metroid Fusion *although Fusion messed it up a bit*. Basically, you can combine weapons or "stack" to gain powerful effects. Example, plasma beam + wave beam = high powered beam that can travel through walls ;). Anyway...what was I saying, yes, add new stacks. Maybe there can be a confetti beam that creates confetti animation. Heck, even better, a master sword beam :D.

Yea, this is what I'm like when I drink coffee, which I never do for this very reason...

MP2 had multiplayer, although it wasn't very good. I'm a bit disappointed they won't be including multiplayer in 3, seeing as the controls are far superior to the previous. Of course, it looks as if Retro spent far more time polishing the game in response, so a great game is what I'm really after.

What would be awesome are weapon stack upgrades, like just fun upgrades. For those of you who don' know, MP3 will be using the weapon stack system used in Super Metroid *my personal favorite SNES game* and Metroid Fusion *although Fusion messed it up a bit*. Basically, you can combine weapons or "stack" to gain powerful effects. Example, plasma beam + wave beam = high powered beam that can travel through walls ;). Anyway...what was I saying, yes, add new stacks. Maybe there can be a confetti beam that creates confetti animation. Heck, even better, a master sword beam :D.

Yea, this is what I'm like when I drink coffee, which I never do for this very reason...

Well, with multiplayer I think they made a good choice in not putting it in there at first so they could concentrate well on the single player, but we may be seeing a downloadable multiplayer update in the future since they say it will use WiiConnect24 somehow.

And the "fun beams" sounds like an interesting idea. They could have it be a cosmetic thing like the Fusion Suit in MP1. Have a menu to toggle the beams on and off. Heck, an 8-bit beam would be fun as well. Maybe it's a good thing you drank coffee, seeing as how you're the only one who posted something relevent to the topic so far...

I'm hesitant to believe they're release any major content through 24. Check how much memory your downloaded NES games are taking up. Now compare that to even a single model at peak Wii resolution. Yes, most of the downloads are just formatting, but the point stands. The Wii is sorely lacking in free space, and there's no conceivable way to add major content, let alone a multiplayer mode, without external hardware.

Back