• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

New DS soon?

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
http://ds.ign.com/articles/914/914158p1.html?RSSwhen2008-09-27_213900&RSSid=914158

^Read it.

Its interesting. While I would love some of that stuff, what would be the point? Let's break it down:

• SD cards: Multimedia? Why? My phone does that, my iPod does that. If not for that then what? Gameboy VC? That would fit in with the next thing.
  • Improved Wifi: Again, why? The online games that the DS has to offer are not that great. Unless, again, it's for a Gameboy VC (which would be awesome). They did say that in Japan stores and other such companies use the DS Wifi feature for information and what-not, but that's not happening in the states currently.
  • Camera: Yet again, why? My phone has a camera. My digital camera is a camera. It doesn't have proper internet features to upload them anywhere, so what would be the point of having a camera on the DS (unless it is for the Gameboy VC, for those of you who remember Gameboy Camera)
Okay, so most of those features could be practical for a Gameboy VC, but on the other hand most people have gadgets that do those things for them. I'm not saying everyone does, so it might be nice for some people to have those features, and I'm also not saying I wouldn't get it. All I'm saying is why?

Ooo. SD card compatibility would allow for more than the paltry 256 mB on current DS cards.

I would buy a DS just for gameboy VC (and I haven't bought a handheld console since gameboy color)

Back