• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

New Wii Zelda concept art!

zeldawiiposter.jpg

So. Odd girl standing back to back with Link...discuss. :p

Very interesting indeed. I just read the article this image was attached to , and there already seems to be speculation that this figure adjacent to Link is the spirit of the Master Sword. I'm pondering how exactly this will fit into the game itself, but I guess we're going to have to wait until Nintendo decides to really announce further details.

As long as it doesn't take another three years...

Well, the girl shares some design characteristics of the Twilight Princess Master Sword. It could be an interesting game mechanic.

They're also saying that the new game might use the Wii Motion Plus, and they said something about it being out next year. Very doubtful on that, Nintendo's well known for delaying games at the final stretch.

I don't know about the spirit of the Master Sword, but she looks like one of the great fairies from WW to me.

I don't know about the spirit of the Master Sword, but she looks like one of the great fairies from WW to me.
That was my first thought as well, specifically the Queen of Fairies, but then I noticed the design of the gem in the center of her torso is the same as the gem on the hilt of the Master Sword.

So, I was looking at it a bit closer, and it does look like the Master Sword a bit. Maybe we'll be forced to use different swords in this one that the Master Sword's spirit posses to defeat evil? Or maybe it's the spirit because Ganon(dorf) is finally gone and the Master Sword has nooreason to be around anymore.

I think your first idea could be pretty spot on. The Master Sword was crafted to banish evil, never specifically Ganon.

Maybe rather than using a sword Link will end up inhering certain powers, magic, etc from the spirit of the Master Sword. Seeing as this will be a Wii game it's likely Nintendo would want to take advantage of far more than simply sword swinging.

The only thing is, do you ever remember Link using the Master Sword to defeat any other evil than Ganon/Ganondorf and the evil that he created? It seems like it was meant for Ganon(dorf).

The only thing is, do you ever remember Link using the Master Sword to defeat any other evil than Ganon/Ganondorf and the evil that he created? It seems like it was meant for Ganon(dorf).

Well didn't Link use the Master Sword to defeat Twinrova> And Twinrova wasn't created by Ganon, since Kotake and Koume are his mothers?

That's an odd one, never heard that they were his mothers. Maybe Ganondorf's mothers. Ganon and Ganondorf are technically two different people.

Ganon:Always been around.
Ganondorf:Ganon's mortal form.

Granted, Twinrova are ancient and evil, so I can give you that one. I guess

That's an odd one, never heard that they were his mothers. Maybe Ganondorf's mothers. Ganon and Ganondorf are technically two different people.

Yeah, when you're battling Twinrova in OoT, if you use Navi to get info on them, it says something along the lines of "Ganondorf's surrogate mother."

What does it mean by surrogate?

(Taken from Zeldawiki.org)
"The two Gerudo witches play an important role in a few games in the Zelda series. They are both the surrogate mothers of the Gerudo King, Ganondorf,"

Yeah, when you're battling Twinrova in OoT, if you use Navi to get info on them, it says something along the lines of "Ganondorf's surrogate mother."

What does it mean by surrogate?

Essentially they take care of him.

Back