• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Nintendo Media Summit

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Apparently Nintendo is planning a big media summit for this coming Thursday, April 10th. I hope we hear some good stuff out of it, such as Animal Crossing Wii. I'm actually just hoping for something new instead of just info about games we know about already.

(Thinks to himself)

Oh, the possibilites with this.

Lets see
  • Animal Crossing Wii
  • Star Fox Wii
  • F-Zero Wii-X
  • A New Kirby Game
And last, but certainly not least.
Almost there.
One more.
KID ICARUS AND MOTHER 3!!!!!!!!!!!

What I want to see:
  • Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes. complete with optional voice acting, customizable characters, and pokemon farms, allowing for breeding of more than one pokemon at a time. Elaborating on the fact that
    your rival is Giovanni's son (apparently this was a part of a G/S manga)
    would be great for story expansion too.
  • Mother 3 would be great... Alnog with a VC release of Earthbound... In America
  • Fire Emblem 11 for the DS. I'm not sure if it'll be released in America or not.
  • Wifi improvements... Stupid Brawl lag...
  • Patches for Brawl. No tripping, possible new characters, etc. Combat to be as fast as Melee...
Meh, if I think of more, there'll be more.

What I want to see:
  • Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes. complete with optional voice acting, customizable characters, and pokemon farms, allowing for breeding of more than one pokemon at a time. Elaborating on the fact that
    your rival is Giovanni's son (apparently this was a part of a G/S manga)
    would be great for story expansion too.
  • Mother 3 would be great... Alnog with a VC release of Earthbound... In America
  • Fire Emblem 11 for the DS. I'm not sure if it'll be released in America or not.
  • Wifi improvements... Stupid Brawl lag...
  • Patches for Brawl. No tripping, possible new characters, etc. Combat to be as fast as Melee...
Meh, if I think of more, there'll be more.

Nintendo supposedly made patents on the names Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold

I really hope that means they're making remakes of silver and gold....

tripping is fun ^.^

Nintendo supposedly made patents on the names Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold

I really hope that means they're making remakes of silver and gold....

tripping is fun ^.^
It screws me over at all of the wrong moments. It is really annoying.

1. Link or it didn't happen
2. I hope they take some of the points I stated and put them in if they are. FIRE RED + LEAF GREEN GRAPHICS TOO PLEASE!

My guess is we'll just see a lot of jibber jabber about the new Wii Ware and Mario Kart Wii. Some Animal Crossing news wouldn't surprise me but i'd expect to possibly see some of those other things around E3.

Yeah, I forgot to mention Gold and Silver. Remakes of those compatible with Diamond and Pearl would be great (plus a million times easier to finish the Pokedex).

Please for the love of god fix the bugs and Wi-Fi in Brawl.

GAH! HOW COULD I FORGET THESE:
  • Voice Chat system for Brawl
  • Adding your own music to brawl
  • Possibly a new DS Zelda

Just putting this out there: I highly doubt they would release any new content (chat included) for Brawl. It would be nice, but not gonna happen.

I would just want to see any sort of nice chat system for any game. Mario Kart is gonna have chat, but only pre-existing words/phrases (like from Pokemon). I would've loved to see them use the USB keyboard support they added in, but no.

Just putting this out there: I highly doubt they would release any new content (chat included) for Brawl. It would be nice, but not gonna happen.

I would just want to see any sort of nice chat system for any game. Mario Kart is gonna have chat, but only pre-existing words/phrases (like from Pokemon). I would've loved to see them use the USB keyboard support they added in, but no.
They wouldn't even let you have a chat with the strictest filter, they have to be family friendly.

Stupid bullshit nintendo advertising.

That's going to be useless and horrid then. What's the point in text if you're trying to play a game? How could you type and play at the same time either?

And I'm being hopeful. Will Nintendo do probably anywhere near half the things in this thread? I doubt it, but I hope they would.

But it'll be better than a voice chat, because A) I don't want to have to go out and buy a specific headset, and B) No whiney pre-pubescent boys that cry when you beat them

Well, I meant they should have like a friend lounge type thing where you can type messages to your friends. It would be a great idea since there's no way to tell each other you want to play or pick who's hosting.

Well, I meant they should have like a friend lounge type thing where you can type messages to your friends. It would be a great idea since there's no way to tell each other you want to play or pick who's hosting.

Problem with that though, is that if you're gonna type something, the only two ways that I can think of are to A) Use the wii-mote to point at the keyboard and do it that way, or B) Get a USB keyboard and use that. And that's only if they were to configure MK to accept a keyboard input

Problem with that though, is that if you're gonna type something, the only two ways that I can think of are to A) Use the wii-mote to point at the keyboard and do it that way, or B) Get a USB keyboard and use that. And that's only if they were to configure MK to accept a keyboard input
Yeah I was talking about a)a usb keyboard, and b)Brawl.

You really can't set up games without some other form of communication.

Back