• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Nintendo Wii Holiday Releases

animaldude

Sage in Training
Here's a list of the anticipated upcoming games coming games for this holiday season...

10/23- Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution (8.4)
10/23- The Sims 2: Castaways (7.5)
10/23- Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (9.0)
10/28- Guitar Hero III (8.6)
10/29- Battalion Wars 2 (8.0)
11/05- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (8.0)
11/06- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (7.9)
11/12- Super Mario Galaxy (9.7) (Wow)
11/13- Geometry Wars: Galaxies (8.0)
11/13- Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (8.4)
11/13- Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (7.9)
11/13- Soul Caliber: Legends
11/15- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (6.3)
11/19- WII ZAPPER! (6.5)
11/19- Nitro Bike
11/19- Link's Crossbow Training (7.0)
11/20- Dragon Ball Z 3
11/20- Ghost Squad (7.5)
11/20- Godzilla: Unleashed
11/20- Trauma Center: New Blood (8.5)
12/21- NiGHTS

Wow... There are so many good games coming out
So what games are you guys interested in?

I'd say my top 5 most anticipated are:
5. Zack and Wiki
4. Medal of Honor
3. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Battalion Wars 2
1. Wii Zapper + Crossbow Training

I asked my brother and he said:
5. Trauma Center: New Blood
4. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
3. Wii Zapper
2. Battalion Wars 2
1. Super Mario Galaxy

Let's see (No order to it):
  • Guitar Hero III
  • Galaxy
  • NiGHTS
  • Wii Zapper/ Link's Crossbow Training
  • Battalion Wars 2
I actually never played the first BW, but I heard it was good, so I thought I might try this one. Same with NiGHTS. I hope Saturn comes to the VC so we can play the fist one as well!

I actually never played the first BW, but I heard it was good, so I thought I might try this one. Same with NiGHTS. I hope Saturn comes to the VC so we can play the fist one as well!
Same here but this 2nd next one is supposed to improve on the last one so i'm excited for it.

Maybe they made the release date for NiGHTS so late because they wanted to have Nintendo add the Saturn to the VC

11/05- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
11/12- Super Mario Galaxy
11/13- Medal of Honor Heroes 2
11/13- Soul Caliber: Legends
11/15- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
11/19- WII ZAPPER! / Link's Crossbow Training
11/20- Trauma Center: New Blood
12/21- NiGHTS

These are the ones that sound good to me. My most wanted would be:
  • Trauma Center: New Blood
  • Soul Calibur: Legends
  • SMG
  • MoH Heroes 2
  • Fire Emblem / NiGHTS

I mostly want Guitar Hero III, NiGHTS and Soul Calibur: Legends, but Trauma Center and Fire Emblem have been great in the past, so these are my Top 5.

Oooh.. The Zack and Wiki review came in and it got a nine (IGN) ^_^... I think I'll hold off on getting it until I can afford it though.

I'll keep posting the IGN scores on the first post so you all can see what everything got.

So Ultima, do you think that MoH Heroes 2 will be better with the Wii Zapper or just the normal control option?

Oooh.. The Zack and Wiki review came in and it got a nine (IGN) ^_^... I think I'll hold off on getting it until I can afford it though.

I'll keep posting the IGN scores on the first post so you all can see what everything got.

So Ultima, do you think that MoH Heroes 2 will be better with the Wii Zapper or just the normal control option?
Not sure how it will control. If it's more like Medal of Honor: Vanguard, the Wii Zapper will be useful to no end. If it controls somewhat more like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, which is better for free-hand shooting, it would be more of a detriment. Though, since it IS Medal of Honor, and it will most likely be like previous games in terms of control, I would have to say that the Wii Zapper will be beneficial to it.

(Think about it. Samus has her one arm cannon by itself, while in MoH, you are holding your rifle with two hands, I think it makes sense.)

I read a preview about it a while back and they said that it was the first Wii First person game to meet the standards of Metroid Prime Corruption... So I have high hopes for it ^_^

In other news IGN got their copies of Battalion Wars 2, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Also compatible with the Wii Zapper). I'm excited for the release of Battalion Wars on Monday.

Anyway what does everyone think about the fact the a good game, Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure is going to sell like crap while games that are actually crap like Mario Party 8 are still selling millions of copies? This is what worries me about the Wii. If this continues to happen, I do not see third party Publishers attempting to make good games.

I think that the third party companies should advertise more. They hardly put out an effort to get their Wii games known, then when they sell bad they use that as an excuse to stop making good games for Nintendo. The same sort of thing happened with the GameCube.

Just to let everyone know, I edited the first post to have more scores... also, I am updating my top 5 most wanted:

5. Wii Zapper + Crossbow Training
4. Battalion Wars 2
3. Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
2. Medal of Honer Heroes 2
1. Super Mario Galaxy

I mostly switched the numbers around due to reviews and previews I've read. The wii zapper isn't supposed to be great and I've read previews for Medal of Honor and it look AMAZING.

OMG! OMG! OMG! Level 10 alert! Geometry Wars is coming to the Wii!!!

Needless to say, I like Geometry Wars.

1. Geometry Wars: Galaxies
2. Wii Zapper
3. Battalion Wars 2
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Oh.. I forgot. I was beginning to think people forgot about this thread...

Anyway, not just Galaxy-
MoH got an 8.4 and Sonic and Mario got a 7.9

Back