• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Random hole

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I was playing OoT last night when I found a really random and pointless hole. As an adult go to Jabu-Jabu's pond thing and go to the place where you get Farore's Wind. Lift the boulder that is in front of it (you need the silver gauntlets) and there is another, normal boulder under it, half in the ground. Either use bombs or the Megaton hammer to smash it. Fall down the hole (it takes a bit) and take out the Lens of Truth to see the Skultelas and defeat them. Go to the end of the tunnel and there is a ladder like the one from the well. Climb up it and you will be back to Jabu-Jabu's pond, but in a much higher nook.

The only reasoning my brother and I figured was that it was there for a piece of heart that was taken out. Like I said it is really random and pointless.

Yes it really is. I just went there again to see if there was anything to see with the Lens of Truth but there was nothing. It is almost like the Ice and Wind Medallions that hackers found.

I'm fairly certain that at night there is a Gold Skulltua that can be seen with the Lens of Truth there. Perhaps you already got it, and it is now devoid of use. And what's this about Ice and Wind Medallions?

In hacking the game and such, people have found random things such as ocarina pedestals, other people, an Arwing enemy, and the Wind and Ice Medallions. The rumor is the Ice Cavern was going to be a dungeon/temple thing and there was going to be a Sky Temple with the Wind Medallion and Sage. These were taken ouit due to time restants and limited memory on the cartridge.

Ok, I understand now. Yhea, developers tend to do more than is possible, and seal off sections that aren't in the release instead of wiping them. The arwing is kinda a nice touch though. :p

Just to keep on topic there is a Gold Skulltela there at night.

I figured the Arwing was for a "special dungeon" type of deal like in other Zelda games, but with cameo apperances by other Nintendo characters and such. That would explain the Arwing.

Back