• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Resident Evil (GC)

Quill

Epona
I just finished playing this game for the 3rd time. It is a remake of the original Resident Evil for the PSX and I wanted to review it.

Graphics 10/10:pretty much, the graphics of this game was way ahead of its time. The graphics can even be compared to some 360 games. The graphics of the game make the mansion and environment look alive!

Sound 9/10:The sound is pretty much your scary haunted noises with occasional music stabs for the those scary moments.

Controls 7/10:It is hard to adjust your controls to this game because of the layout of the controls they made for the Gamecube controller, so it takes a little getting used to.

Gameplay 10/10:To put it in the simplest way possible, this game is HARD, even on easy. If you are familiar with the classic Resident Evils then you may know zombies dont come back after they are killed. On this game if you don't burn their bodies or decapitate them they come later, stronger and faster, they even run at you and break into other rooms if left alone. Your favorite bosses like the giant snake and Tyrant are back and badder than ever!

Overall 9/10:Overall, I say this game is just straight up AWESOME. This game is probably one of the scariest games I've ever played and I recommend you play if you want a good thrill. I forgot to mention that the game has been redone with some added events that are unexpected and add more horror to the original story.

So many horror fans missed out on the GameCube Resident Evils because they didn't have a cube!
I had one, and both Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil were amazing horror games in the old school style.
Then, when Resident Evil 4 came out, it was so great that PS2 players wanted it. So, they made a port.
Now, everybody's happy.

All I have heard about Resident Evil is that every game in the series (excluding RE 4, ****ed) while RE 4 was spectacular and hailed as the 2nd best game of all time (LoZ: OoT being #1:D)

Well, this was a little known game. It came out at the wrong time. It is still is an awesome game though , and it totally refines the story of Resident Evil, unlike Resident Evil 4, which had a storyline that totally didn't fit in the Resident Evil Series. I recommend Resident Evil 1 for all Resident Evil fans who love Resident Evil for the story.

All I have heard about Resident Evil is that every game in the series (excluding RE 4, ****ed) while RE 4 was spectacular and hailed as the 2nd best game of all time (LoZ: OoT being #1:D)
That's second best Nintendo game. While I agree with #1, I thought Melee deserved to be higher than RE4. Anyway, I agree that RE was way ahead of its time. It didn't deserve to be relegated to the scrap pile of history :)')). At least now it's making a comeback.

Back