• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Rumors now a reality!

crap, i didn't notice =/

oh well, i don't think its something to be mocked. those were the best games in the series imo

i heard rumors that the name would be something like dawn gold and dusk silver...which really didnt' make sense
these names are...okay.

crap, i didn't notice =/

oh well, i don't think its something to be mocked. those were the best games in the series imo

i heard rumors that the name would be something like dawn gold and dusk silver...which really didnt' make sense
these names are...okay.
I posted a paragraph from Serebii.net announcing that there would be news within a week of the post (~ 5 days) of new Pokemon games. What I kept to myself for the time being was that I have a friend on another forum who really does have a friend who works for Nintendo, and he confirmed for me that it was definitely Gold and Silver remakes. I can trust him too, because they're also going to work on fixing the Platinum "Acid Rain Glitch" (located here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WjfFAwDjmM&feature=fvsr) which is when on wifi you use Pursuit as they switch out and KO them, causing every single form of weather to appear and make the pokemon take damage from their own abilities...

Anyway, because I didn't feel like leaving that crap up, I deleted the thread.

The Gold / Silver series was my personal favorite. So, I really wouldn't mind buying an updated version. Besides, maybe they'll have a number of the features Crystal had like the unknowns and Battle Tower :).

The Gold / Silver series was my personal favorite. So, I really wouldn't mind buying an updated version. Besides, maybe they'll have a number of the features Crystal had like the unknowns and Battle Tower :).
Gold and Silver both had the Unowns, the differences were the Battle Tower and that Suicune was a scripted fight rather than a "runner." Also there was a douche who thought he was the chosen to tame Suicune or something, named Eusine.

The Battle Tower was revolutionary for its time, but the Ruby / Sapphire one was much better. The Emerald Battle Frontier was actually a challenge, while the newest one is a sad and easy cakewalk. Honestly, I'm just hoping it remains as true to the originals as possible (save graphics of course, Fire Red / Leaf Green ones > Diamond / Pearl / Platinum, but the likeliness of the better ones being used is slim.), except of course the addition of a few extras, and a more expansive Kanto.

I'm happy with my old Pokemon Red. Silver deleted my save game and I never played it again, all I play is the original Red. They're all the same goddamn thing anyway Nintendo is just trying to get you to buy the game again so you can play it with better graphics (which is funny because graphics are less significant than the BGM in Pokemon).

Is anyone getting tired of Nintendo just selling remakes?

I don't just mean Pokemon games. Many of the "new" games for the Wii are just remakes of GameCube games.

RE4, Twilight Princess were GC remakes, not to mention ALL OF VIRTUAL CONSOLE which is basically just SELLING BACK OLD SHITTY GAMES THAT PEOPLE DON'T BUY ANYMORE but now they will because it's on the ******* Wii and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how America works (even though Nintendo did originate in Japan).

We had the original Game Boy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite and they're all the same goddamn thing and they now even have the same goddamn games, the only difference is the advertising. Hey, Pokemon has better graphics now, go get the same 1990s game for 30 dollars because one of the least important and noticable aspects of the game has been slightly upgraded! It's like the Apple iPod bullshit, what do they have like 50 overpriced models that all do the same ******* thing?

Pokemon remakes are yet another way for America to eat out of Nintendo's hands as it's done for the past 20 years and still does constantly because everytime Nintendo releases another Pokemon Red about 50 million Nintendo fanboys run to the nearest EBGames and buy the overpriced overhyped and outdated game. Seriously, the old Pokemon red is JUST AS GOOD as the "new and improved" piece of **** only you don't have to pay for this one and you also don't have to get a new bullshit system just to play it which is an entire rip off technique on it's own.

My point is, Pokemon remakes are for Nintendo fanboys who just want to throw money at the giant corporation because it's apparently not fat enough as it is.

Just what I was thinking. I just was afraid to say it!

And now for a secret :3
I've never played a Pokemon game for more than 10 minutes.
Not to say, I dont enjoy them. I just dont find them to be incredible.

Back