• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Spring Break Brawl Tournament

Who will win it all?

• Slyguy46

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • UltimaLink007

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaLink007

Hope Never Dies
Well, I asked Versac, and got his stamp of approval for this. So I'm hosting an unofficial tournament. :)

Rules and Regulations - (Hey, it has to be somewhat organized ;))
1.) Items are off, no questions asked.

2.) Any member of the roster is allowed.

3.) Smash balls are off, period. We are trying to eliminate as many luck factors as we can. They also make matches horrifically unbalanced.

4.) All matches will be 1v1, no exceptions.

5.) All matches will be done with 3 stock.

6.) All matches will be best 2 out of 3. The first stage selected must either be random or agreed upon by the participants. When a player loses a game, he or she may choose the next stage to be played.

7.) Do NOT give your friend code to anyone but your opponent via pm (preferably).

So post here or PM me to join. Once we have enough people (8 or 16 would be really great, but noone will be turned down, so if I have to screw with the brackets, I will :D), it will start. Hopefully we can get this going tomorrow or early Saturday at the latest. Also, the pairings will be decided by this: http://random.org/lists/

THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE A VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME OF THEIR CHOOSING!

Brawlers
- UltimaLink007
- Yoyolll
- Capt. Zeroth
- Windmage
- Skinnydude908
- Webmasterbob
- animaldude
- Slyguy46

Round One -
1.) Yoyolll (1) vs 8.) Slyguy46 (2)

2.) Yoyolll [Sub] (1) vs 7.) Webmasterbob (2)

3.) Skinnydude908 (0) vs 6.) Capt. Zeroth (2)

4.) Animaldude (0) vs 5.) UltimaLink007 (2)

Round Two -
8.) Slyguy46 (2) vs 7.) Webmasterbob (1)

6.) Capt. Zeroth (0) vs 5.) UltimaLink007 (2)

*~+{Final Round}+~*
8.) Slyguy46 (1) vs 5.) UltimaLink007 (3)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finals Breakdown
Match 1 -
- Final Destination
- Falco (Slyguy46) [3] vs Marth (UltimaLink007) [0]

Sly comes out strong, easily crushing Ultima with lasers, kicks, dashes, and fire... and arms that act like knives. Despite the lag, Sly utterly owned Ultima, dominating him, no thanks to lagged out air-dodge and shield attempts.

Match 2 -
- Smashville
- Falco (Slyguy46) [2] vs Marth (UltimaLink007) [3]

A match played on an only extremely slightly more complex stage, lag started to effect Sly more and more. During the match, the lag utterly destroyed a recovery attempt on Slyguy's part, resulting in Ultima's win.

Match 3 -
- WarioWare
- Falco (Slyguy46) [1] vs Marth (UltimaLink007) [3]

Ah WarioWare. A very odd stage, anyway. Both fighters came out a'brawling, slashes, kicks, and the occasional laser flew. Along with the slew of minigames. And lag... Everything was off timing, neither knew when to do what. So they tried their best. Then, after one minigame, when it was 1-1, UltimaLink was rewarded be becoming huge, while Slyguy's reward was nothing. This boost aided in the death of Falco once, and set the stage for the end of the match.

Match 4 -
- Final Destination
- Falco (Slyguy46) [2] vs Marth (UltimaLink007) [3]

A true fight to the death, including lag, skipping, and all of that happy doo-dah stuff. A lag-induced Falco suicide brought the battle to Marth's favor, and then to the tournament's end...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, these weren't anywhere near good... I hate wifi...>_>

Ah well, thank you all who participated, although this tournament was an utter failure, hopefully we can use what we learned, if anything, to make the next one great! ^_^​

Umm, no?

Unless nobody joins...>_>
Well, I mean how are we gonna all agree on a time and stuff, and get the match and stuff. It's gonna be really hard. And some jackass might claim they won when they didn't, there are no witnesses (spectators, whatever).

Well, I mean how are we gonna all agree on a time and stuff, and get the match and stuff. It's gonna be really hard. And some jackass might claim they won when they didn't, there are no witnesses (spectators, whatever).

A.) time may be an issue and
B.) i have faith in everyone here...i think...

i'm in :)

Zut alors, i might not be able to do it ><

darn my fathers house for not having internet

I'm in if my internet is working.

Agreeing on a time is going to be hard though... the only times i could go are now until 11:30, 11:00 tonight, MAYBE tomorrow afternoon, and then late at night any night this week.

IF TIME IS AN ISSUE, SO BE IT! STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT MIGHT BE!

Now that that's done, we just need one more person...

Ultima will give a gift to the winner as a VC. You can gift VC games if you didnt know. It'll be your choice of game.

If you guys want to do it tonight, I'm having 2 friends over. Of course, they've never played before, so i don't know if you want them in.

If you guys want to do it tonight, I'm having 2 friends over. Of course, they've never played before, so i don't know if you want them in.
I leave at 6 tonight, and will be back around 8:30 AM tomorrow, so if they were against me or something, that would mess up the entire tournament, since they don't live with you and have that easy access. Animal voulenteered his brother if noone joins soon.

The tournament might not even finish this weekend, but there's also during next week, so it's good. I'd like to get it started at least today though. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back