• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Master Sword - Will Fi Return?

Linkman

Loftwing
SPOILERS if you haven't finished Skyward Sword!

Do you all think it is possible that Nintendo will bring back Fi at some point? Maybe not as a guide, but as a character in a new game? The SS ending said that she would, "sleep for eternity in the blade" - but with as many times as, say, Twinrova has come back, I would doubt that there's 0 chance we could ever see Fi again. It might actually be interesting, like if Nintendo wanted to make a game where Link initialy communicates with the Master Sword as opposed to just picking it out of stone.

What do you all think?

It sounds like a great idea... I'm thinking more of a character ability in the new Smash Brothers game?? Fi could use her dance ability and stun or hurt anyone around Link... I would like to see Fi back again... To be honest, she's more easier to deal with than Navi was in Ocarina of Time.... And Tael was in Majora's Mask...

That sounds cool!

I was thinking more in terms of, is it possible for her to ever come back, maybe as a character or some being in another Legend of Zelda game? If I remember correctly, didn't she say something about seeing Link in another life? I need to replay the ending...

I think you're correct, Linkman. She says something to the extent of, "Perhaps we shall meet in another lifetime." However, I'm not sure whether or not that refers to her being reborn, somehow, or if it's just a reference that the Hero will draw upon the Master Sword again. It would be really interesting to see Fi return in some form or another, but who knows with Nintendo ;).

I just thought of something. Is it possible that Fi has already been referenced in other games, or is maybe alluded to? I doubt that Nintendo had the idea for Fi all the way back to the first introduction of the master sword, but it seems to me that they always had the idea that it is somehow a living sword.

Just for example, A Link to the Past often referenced the MS as "calling" to Link. Wind Waker told of how the MS requires nourishment through the prayers of sages to repel evil. It's an interesting point to consider, especially when Fi is added into the equation.

Back